PDA

View Full Version : What can I do about those annoying muscle twitches

Thelegend27
31-07-17, 21:45
I've read a lot of you on here who deal with twitching muscles, well so do I, it's probably caused by all the stress and anxiety, but have any of you figured out why it happens and is there any techniques to try to eliminate these they are very annoying.

ShaunRyder
31-07-17, 21:48
I dealt with mine by doing Yoga and just some basic stretching, my muscle twitches also go when I keep up exercise and keep active.

Catherine S
31-07-17, 22:13
Sometimes there's no special reason why it happens, it just happens. Muscles do alot of things...they work hard for us, they hold us up and along with tendons and ligaments they allow us to do what we do every day. If the price to pay for all of that movement is twitching then so be it. Very very rarely is it a sign of a more serious condition. Recomendations for treating it is massage and as Shaun said stretching exercises, cutting down on caffeine and maybe adding magnesium to your daily routine.

:)

Scotttt
31-07-17, 23:36
If you figure out how to make them stop let us know. I can get my to lessen when I lower my stress and anxiety levels, but they never go away completely.

I don't know if your anxious about them or not, but try not to research them. The anxiety they cause can be all consuming.

The number one thing I have found to lessen the twitches is to not focus on them. This is way easier said than done. When I'm in the moment and my attention is totally focused on something I get (or notice) very few twitches.

best of luck, keep us posted if you find anything that helps with twitches.

Thelegend27
01-08-17, 01:00
I tried magnesium supplements once and it acted as a laxative, it was horrible.

But they don't cause me stress they are just annoying, and I know it's probably due to the stress and anxiety so that's why I brought the question here.

As for the yoga I may try that out I hear it's good for all sorts of things.