PDA

View Full Version : Exposure to x rays and CT scans

AussieWorrier
01-08-17, 04:11
Hi all
Do we really need to expose our bodies to unnescessary x rays mammograms and CT scans just to get that HA reassurance that will last till the next medical illness we self-diagnose? I have stopped going to the doctors unless my symptoms last over two weeks in a row and do not improve and even then I don't accept any x rays or scans. What do you do?

Melonpony
01-08-17, 04:28
I haven't had a scare extreme enough for a year or so, but at that time, I went for a chest xray and mammogram. When I later moved away from heart fears, I would have gladly accepted a ct scan to check for the brain tumor I feared.
At this point, I try and do what you do - wait out symptoms and try home remedies for the likely cause of my pains.
I still go for an annual mammogram, though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smalltwngirlincity
01-08-17, 06:11
It gets you to thinking "where will it end?" I haven't had a brain scan in 3 years because A, I'm scared, and B, I know in a yeaar or what ever I would just want another one. I have been through it all with HA. ALS, heart attack, cancer, anursym, Brain tumor etc. my mom paaaed of lung cancer a couple years ago which magnified things tenfold. Plus I do have some actual real symptoms so it's a really rough way to live. I am tryjng to break the cycle of test addiction.

AussieWorrier
01-08-17, 07:10
It gets you to thinking "where will it end?" I haven't had a brain scan in 3 years because A, I'm scared, and B, I know in a yeaar or what ever I would just want another one. I have been through it all with HA. ALS, heart attack, cancer, anursym, Brain tumor etc. my mom paaaed of lung cancer a couple years ago which magnified things tenfold. Plus I do have some actual real symptoms so it's a really rough way to live. I am tryjng to break the cycle of test addiction.

I'm sorry to hear about your mums death. I agree with you we need to put a line and say enough is enough because sometimes they find things incidentally that don't cause any symptoms or are serious. Two years ago I had irregular periods (like most women around 50) I had an ultrasound which was normal but the said I had something called edinomyosis basically uterus lining growing into the uterus muscle ... something many women have and something that resolves with menopause and for me , it wasn't even causing any problems but I was stupid enough to ask to be referred to a gynocolgist who insisted I needed to have my uterus biopsied and made me pay $600!!! If I had accepted that nothing was wrong I wouldn't have had to see him in the first place as the GP was not concerned at all. Not making such stupid mistakes again