PDA

View Full Version : another post about lymph node fears

SeagullTerror
01-08-17, 05:08
I can feel these nodes in my neck. They're very small, very movable and soft. Is this normal? They're not growing and are hard to see. I have a bunch of other symptoms (if you want to read my last post) but they're not lymphoma symptoms. Is this normal? Should I be alarmed, I caught I pretty bad cold about 3 weeks ago, and my ears and nose are still clogged with white/clear mucus. I have also been getting a lot of this mucus in my throat as well, this has also been going on for about 3 weeks, which is around the time I noticed the nodes in my neck.

You cant see them, if you were to look at me, but you can feel them, should I be concerned?

Crouton
01-08-17, 06:46
Touching my neck right now I can feel about 5 different lymph nodes. If I probed harder I could probably find another 5, if not more. Everybody has them, they're a completely normal part of the body! They will swell following infections (viral or bacterial) in the throat as part of a normal immune response. :)

Velociraptor
01-08-17, 21:04
I've had fears about lymph nodes multiple times now. It's now got to the stage where I think I've worried about all I can!

From what I've read, if they are soft and movable, and don't grow in size at all, they are normal.

I've had one that's been sticking out on my neck for the last couple of years. I've been to a doctor twice about it and both times he looked at me as if I was an idiot for worrying about something so stupid.

Enlarged lymph nodes seem to be a very common occurrence and a common trigger for HA - just check this forum!

Just don't prod and poke too much or it will make it worse. Leave it alone for a week and then have a little feel again and I'll bet you it doesn't feel as big and scary.

Take care :)

ShaunRyder
01-08-17, 21:28
I can feel about 6 in my neck. What you have described sounds nothing to worry about.

Fishmanpa
01-08-17, 21:36
should I be concerned?

No. We have 400-600 lymph nodes in our bodies. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you can find a few. Their job is to filter out nasties like cold viruses and infections. So, if you've had a cold, they're doing their job, nothing more. Stop poking and prodding as that will irritate them and keep them from resolving. Poke and prod too much and they can become shotty (permanently swollen).

Positive thoughts