PDA

View Full Version : My story with health anxiety!

Debden
01-08-17, 09:05
Where do I begin! My anxiety started about two years ago when I got a bad panic attack one night for some random reason. I took this as 'there's something wrong with your heart' and began my rampage towards anxiety. For weeks I was going to the doctors and tasking for all these tests and worrying about dying. Then my arms started aching, my left arm. Heart attack right? No. Tension: then I started having digestive issues, my throat would get tight, I had the WORST acid reflux I've ever had in my entire life. This led me into being 'breathless' and I continued to worry about my heart. After a few months I started to go into cbt, it helped. A lot. My heart worries dispersed and I felt good./ for about a week, until my anxiety decided after heart worries we should move onto blood clots. I got a sore calf. a muscle pull/strain that takes months to heal and hurts for weeks on end. However. I've been in meltdown about it. I googled. For some stupid reason and that only makes it worse. So now I'm currently convincing myself my outer calf pain is a muscle pull and not to worry. But mr anxiety wants to run back to the doctors and take charge of my life. I've got to the point now where, if it is a blood clot, then it is. Worrying cannot change it. I do worry. I worry about my health & the people around me. If anyone has these worries, or this issue, please get some help with it. Don't let it take over your life, it's very difficult to undo the mess. But it can be undone but by bit. Take each day as it comes, that's what I do. Health anxiety ruined (still does) my life. It took me far too long to realise that worrying does nothing for you. It is what it is. I hope people read this and see his thow similar we all are with our worries/habits. My. Anxiety struggle is ongoing but the more you simply get on with life, the less it becomes an issue

S.B
01-08-17, 10:43
I find so many stories on this site are like looking in a damn mirror. It's an echochamber of anxious minds right here and you hit the nail on the head by saying that it takes time to heal, and it's sssslllloooowwwww. But you can recover. I'm not there yet, but in the past I've been through a similar thing which got better in time. Just takes time.

Keep on keeping on.