PDA

View Full Version : Do you ALWAYS feel tired on Pregabalin?

LD50
01-08-17, 11:24
Hi,

I am taking 300mg x2 a day of Pregabalin for anxiety. My problem is I am so so tired. I have to nap everyday even if I've only been awake for a few hours. I never feel alert or really awake! Does anyone else have this problem with Pregabalin?

Thanks

Turnaround00
01-08-17, 18:57
Hey

I had this at the start but not anymore. I think because I increased so slowly I didn't get any side effects apart from tiredness but didn't last long. I am on 450mgs so not as high as you. Are you on it long? Might just need time to adjust

hanshan
02-08-17, 04:14
Hi LD50 - I am on the same dose as you. I currently take half in the afternoon and the rest in the evening or approaching bedtime, so there is less problem with daytime alertness. 600 mg is the maximum daily dose - have you been taking it for long? Side effects can persist for some time, usually do clear up (eventually!).

LD50
02-08-17, 11:25
Thank you for replying

I have been on 600mgs for years. Should the tiredness have gone by now?

hanshan
03-08-17, 06:11
Hi LD50 - Sorry to hear that it has been going on so long. If you have been taking pregabalin for years, start-up side-effects should have gone, so if the tiredness is caused by pregabalin, it's likely to be on-going.

You could try taking your entire day's dose in the evening so you sleep through the initial effect (I have done that in the past with no ill-effects). Alternatively, you could try having your doctor/pharmacist change to 4 x 150 mg and spread them evenly through the day. Both of these approaches are due to the relatively short half-life of pregabalin, around six hours.

A final approach, since you have been taking pregabalin for some time, would be to experiment tapering down from 600 mg daily - your anxiety may not be so bad now. To do a controlled taper, you would need to discuss with your doctor and go in small steps, requiring capsules less than 300 mg. Good luck.

skymaid
05-08-17, 17:49
I only felt tired for the first few days after each increase.

Sometimes i DO feel tired after my morning dose but maybe it's my age.

Also i think maybe the fact that it calms you down makes you realise how exhausted you really are.