PDA

View Full Version : Please reassure me

Debden
01-08-17, 12:07
Ok can a calf muscle pull really he this bad/long? I've had this pain in my left calf for about 7 weeks now. No swelling, I can walk on it but the pain is like an annoying sort of cold/burning pain and aching Niggle, it's in the sort of side/back of my left calf. Doc said it's sciatica but I think that's wrong as it's only ever in my calf. I'm so worried it's a blood clot or somethin! The pain just will not go away! I also get little muscle spams too

MagpieWitch
01-08-17, 12:22
Hey listen, I've had blood clot fears a while back and they were terrible. Especially since I am a graphic designer and architecture student so I do most of my work sitting down. Also I have a very bad habit of playing video games for hours on end. So I had a lot of reasons to fear it, despite my age.

And I've had pain in my legs for the past few years, however without swelling and redness and loose veins and basically all other symptoms, every doctor instantly said it cannot be a blood clot.

Pain in the back of the leg is usually nerve pain - strained muscle, bad posture in the back etc etc. Blood clots hurt all over, not just in the back. Also side and back of the calf sounds awful like that big muscle that's there. Once I strained my leg while trying to get up on a horse and it hurt for two weeks. And sometimes even now I get the same kind of pain again.

Bottom line I don't think you have a blood clot because you would have had redness and swelling and pain all over the leg and that kind of deep vein pain, not the muscle kind of ache.

Elizabeth Fry
01-08-17, 12:23
I had a similar thing and it was sciatica. I also had a trapped nerve going down the front of the leg too. They were very painful and I had the same burning, niggling pain. I was put on Amitryptilline for a while but didn't find it helped much.

Debden
01-08-17, 13:13
Ok thanks guys o feel a lot better now! I keep reassuring myself saying if it was a blood clot it wouldn't go on relatively unchanged for 2 months 😂 But my brain is being an anxious monster!