PDA

View Full Version : Another day another worry.......cafe au lait spots

Cakelady
01-08-17, 12:52
Wish my head would give me a break but no chance..:doh:...
Has anyone got cafe au lait spots? Are they cause for concern?

ShaunRyder
01-08-17, 12:57
I have 3 and never caused me problems, I believe they are just birthmarks. I was worried about one of mine a few years back and my aunt showed me hers, she had about 8, she is 69 and not one of hers has ever been an issue :)

unsure_about_this
01-08-17, 14:28
I have some but mine are due to have NF, these cafe au lait marks have no cause me any problems.

Blonde123
01-08-17, 14:41
Hi, if by café au alit spots you mean large irregular light brown freckle type things, yes I literally have loads of them all over my body and have done since I was a teenager and Im now 42 nearly. Never caused me any issues, never bled or itched and not got any darker with age. I do however have several slightly darker freckles which are slightly raised and in the past I have had Skin cancer HA.

Fishmanpa
01-08-17, 15:28
Usually, coffee stains are no problem to get off clothes, but careful if it's hot! you'll burn yourself! :winks: (J/K ... nothing to be concerned with)

Positive thoughts

Cakelady
01-08-17, 15:57
Thanks you for the replies , I really appreciate it & it's reassuring that others have these things. It's just I found a new one on his chest, he has a couple I noticed ages ago, but seeing a new one sent my h/a spiraling-again. It might have been there for a while but maybe more noticeable as he has grown or maybe my hyper vigilance again xx

Leah88
02-08-17, 01:46
Are you linking them to genetic diseases which raise sarcoma risk? I have one on my arm and I used to worry about its assoc to these diseases but I think unless you are covered in them as in dozens on one limb alone then they are no cause for concern or linked to disease.