PDA

View Full Version : Panicking that Doc didn't check my armpits!!

JaneS
01-08-17, 17:44
Just been to the Docs about pain along my rub under my bra and he said it was muscular (costochondritis?) probably brought on from too much yoga! I also asked him if he would do a routine breast examination whilst he was at it (not that I have felt anything) but I hate doing them myself as I tend to prod and poke for hours! He gave me a thorough examination and said everything felt fine BUT he didn't check under my armpits! Is he not meant to check there as well?? Now panicking that he may have missed something and feel that I should go back. Rational mind says - don't be silly, irrational mind is working overtime. Does anybody have any advice please. Was so pleased when I came out of the practice and now I'm feeling agitated again because he didn't check my armpits as part of the examination!

Fishmanpa
01-08-17, 18:06
Ok... the reason he didn't check your armpits was because there was no reason to. If he suspected anything at all in your breasts, he would then check your armpits because the nodes there would be reactive to anything sinister based on the proximity to your chest. Nothing in the boobs, nothing in the armpits.

Positive thoughts

JaneS
01-08-17, 19:01
Thanks for your reply, that makes sense. It's just that previous healthcare professionals have checked the armpits first? Well from what I can remember?!

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Sorry Fishmanpa if that sounds like I'm contradicting you, I just have to be constantly reassured - it's crazy I know! Hate having this HA!

Fishmanpa
01-08-17, 19:17
No need to apologize, I'm not the one that has to live with the irrational fear :weep: I hope you find the relief you seek.

Positive thoughts

JaneS
01-08-17, 20:01
Ooo don't know whether to feel better or worse now? You don't think I need to go back for a recheck do you?