PDA

View Full Version : Hugs For The Private People

MyNameIsTerry
02-08-17, 01:50
Hi all,

Not everyone posts threads or talks much about what they are going through. Many of us will know people who we talk to on PM who are going through very tough times. Some don't have reassurance seeking patterns, may be too afraid to post for various reasons, worry about triggering others or just prefer to keep things between friends. I think it's important they still know we care even if they talk to us or not.

I know, and have known people, on here who have gone through some terrible life events or are struggling very badly and I'm sure many of us do. We won't know who they are, only those they talk to will, and whilst I try to reassure on PM I don't want them to think they are alone the rest of the time so I'm setting this here for anonymous hugging of those that need it. Feel free to us it if you wish.

To my friends, past & present, who are in need of these. Keep going, things will get better.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
:flowers:

vicky23
02-08-17, 10:14
You make an excellent point. Adding my hugs to yours

:hugs:

Magic
02-08-17, 18:57
Thank you Terry. I add my hugs:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::bighug1:xx

Phuzella
02-08-17, 19:15
It sometimes actually makes me quite sad when a new poster joins the forum. They politely introduce themselves, no screaming ' help my penis is dropping off ' or ' my skin is turning into bark, is this swamp tree fever?' . And most of the time there are few or no replies, apart from the automated welcome. These are people that need help but a lot of other posters are taking the piss out of the not so subtle forum members than help the newbies.
Lately I reckon I've spotted 2 trolls. The phrase ' groinal responses ' appeared very trollish.
Anyway for what it's worth I think the rash ( pun intended ) of skin cancer posts is because it's summer and folks have taken their cardies off simple!
I worry about the newbies, although I'm mad as a hatter, I have empathy, and it seems to me newbies are reading the more argumentative threads and thinking sod this I'm off.
Probably talking out my arse here but hey ho.
Thank you :winks:

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Good heavens that's a long post from me :scared15:

Carnation
03-08-17, 01:19
A lovely idea Terry. As usual, very thoughtful of you. x

BikerMatt
03-08-17, 01:21
Nice one Terry!

:bighug1:

Lola-Lee
03-08-17, 05:45
:bighug:
Here is one from me.

MyNameIsTerry
04-08-17, 05:20
Thanks everyone. I hope anyone who wants to send a secret hug in public, or just show anyone people do care, will use this thread if they wish too.

Phuzella, yeah that's like a life story of a post for you!!! :biggrin:

You aren't talking out of your http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1588.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sex.php?page=3) seeing the arguments or harsher stuff as people have become frustrated must certainly put some off as they must wonder what they joined. Even more established members leave citing it.

And I know what you mean about some joining up. I find myself suspicious of new members who post about HIV/STI's and don't mention their anxiety as it feels more like "I'm anxious because I made a mistake" and experiencing normal anxiety rather than an anxiety disorder. I tend not to post on those now, before then I was posting about whether they were better served on a forum for sexual health. And they tend to never come back either.

The intros board is something I've thought the same about. Some members do more welcoming but I'm guilty of not doing much on there like many. I'm not sure how it gets solved as it's a group thing really to me so one person or a few don't feel they have to do it all. It's good we have the auto response otherwise it would look very bad.

But I think if my penis was dropping off, I would be doing some screaming too! :ohmy::biggrin:

almamatters
04-08-17, 06:23
Nice post Terry, thanks for it. :)

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-17, 04:54
Thanks Alma :flowers:

For everyone!!! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4624.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-hug.php)

Pepperpot
23-08-17, 10:14
Nice post Terry - I dont tend to seek reassurance but today I have dropped a little post in lol.
Phuzella that tickled me lol

Lola-Lee
24-08-17, 07:35
:bighug1:
Sending some more hugs.:bighug1:

MyNameIsTerry
27-08-17, 12:43
Nice post Terry - I dont tend to seek reassurance but today I have dropped a little post in lol.
Phuzella that tickled me lol

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties, Pepperpot. :hugs: for you!

There's nothing wrong with some support and you have had a real tough time lately so anxiety is bound to see a way to needle it's way back in to annoy you.

Bigboyuk
27-08-17, 14:53
Support and hugs on the way for you Pepperpot hope you are feelling better soon:hugs::hugs:Cheers

23fish
28-08-17, 00:06
:hugs:from me too xx

Noivous
28-08-17, 00:09
Hugs all around Terry...beginning with you my friend:hugs:

A good and very thoughtful idea.

N.

lior
28-08-17, 00:58
This is such a lovely idea! Sending plentiful hugs too!

:hugs::bighug1::hugs::bighug1:

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-18, 13:42
Giving this a bump for this time of year when many find it hard.

There are people here if you need them::hugs::hugs::hugs::flowers:

jojo2316
24-12-18, 16:31
Yes. They know who they are. And big hugs to them!!!
Xxxxx

BlueIris
24-12-18, 16:55
Sending yet more hugs for people who need it - sometimes it's tough to speak out.:hugs:

Elen
24-12-18, 17:22
Lovely thread thank you.

whispershadow
25-12-18, 21:39
Hugs everyone :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
25-12-18, 22:00
Terry you are so thoughtful so im sending you hugs :hugs:aswell as all you other guys xx

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 16:38
Terry you are so thoughtful so im sending you hugs :hugs:aswell as all you other guys xx

Thanks for your kind words, Jude. Hugs were gratefully accepted, I thought I had replied! :hugs::flowers:

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 16:39
I reckon it's time for another one of these for all the people out there who may not always talk about the challenges they face.

For everyone!!! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4624.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-hug.php)

Elen
14-04-19, 20:39
I think that you are one of those private people too, so deserve hugs too.

KK77
14-04-19, 21:42
Hugs to all those members who help others daily without ever complaining about their own problems.

SarahNah
14-04-19, 23:03
Hugs to all those people who lead a shoulder for people to lean on but may keep their own worries to themselves xxxx

pulisa
15-04-19, 08:28
Hugs to those members who aren't vocal yet who suffer horrendously on a daily basis xxx

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-19, 13:43
I think that you are one of those private people too, so deserve hugs too.

Thanks, Elen. You too :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-19, 13:43
Hugs to all those members who help others daily without ever complaining about their own problems.

Absolutely! Include yourself in that one :hugs:

Carys
15-04-19, 17:51
Such a lovely thread! :bighug1:

pulisa
15-04-19, 18:00
Absolutely! Include yourself in that one :hugs:

I'll second that!

Scass
15-04-19, 19:28
Big group hug x

Lola-Lee
16-04-19, 09:53
Here is a big hug for you Magic :bighug1:

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-19, 13:32
Hi all,

Not everyone posts threads or talks much about what they are going through. Many of us will know people who we talk to on PM who are going through very tough times. Some don't have reassurance seeking patterns, may be too afraid to post for various reasons, worry about triggering others or just prefer to keep things between friends. I think it's important they still know we care even if they talk to us or not.

I know, and have known people, on here who have gone through some terrible life events or are struggling very badly and I'm sure many of us do. We won't know who they are, only those they talk to will, and whilst I try to reassure on PM I don't want them to think they are alone the rest of the time so I'm setting this here for anonymous hugging of those that need it. Feel free to us it if you wish.

To my friends, past & present, who are in need of these. Keep going, things will get better.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
:flowers:

Giving this another bump.

We know of some one here who need extra support right now, some who tend to keep things to themselves, and there are also some very quite older members too. :hugs::flowers:

Scass
08-07-19, 22:25
If anyone a bit less vocal fancies a chat, please pm me. I warn you though that I can somehow turn most conversations round to food.

Hugs though. I know how isolating it can be. You’re not alone x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinn1
01-11-19, 11:38
Here is one for pulisa :bighug1: