PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack

Shaneomac1
02-08-17, 04:37
Glad i found this forum , ive been dealing with depression/anxiety for over 12 years , and dealt with it with medications but recently as in 2 years ago was off all antidepressants , now only on Ritilin .. the past two weeks ive been waking up gasping for air im 26 5/11 and 170 pounds .. these were maybe mini panic attacks but just last night went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed had work in morning , and all a sudden while i was flossing i saw blood and a thought got into my head (someone i know whos friend died from poking a bad tooth) , so then i go into a complete mental breakdown panicking going into my parents room screaming im deiing im dieing help me i cant breath couldnt feel my hands they turned numb , so i then call 911 to come pick me up because me thinking i got a heart attack so ambulance come in and take pressure and ask questions heart rate is high pressure is high .. we then go to the hospital got there took 10 hours to see me and 10 hours come up and they say u have a panic attack and sent me home mind you she only seen me for 2 minutes , my family doc is on vacation now im scared to sleep because of what happened the past few days .. also worried about my dad who is 66 who just fell down on while walking downtown over a pot hole and hit his ribs into a curb as he fell docs said no breaks or anything but bruising around his rib and wrist , he can hardly move if you knew my dad he never complains about pain , so seeing him in pain makes me upset and worried , he cant take much medications for pain as he only has one kidney because he had cancer 12 years ago in the kidney .. ago he is overweight and im worried he is going to take a heart attack .. so is there anything yous suggest to help me get through these issues . as docs around here dont like to help people who have panic attacks ..

Also should note i take 100 mg of Gravol for sleep and this episode happened 2 hours after i took it last night , but never gave me this kind of side effect ..

Just feel hopeless always in fear scared to go to sleep tonight because of panicking in my sleep , i was suppose to work this morning had to call off and thankfully my manager is nice and called up and asked how i was doing wasnt upset that i called off so late ..

Just dont know how much i can take .. any help will be appreciated

Just dont know how much i can take .. any help will be appreciated
Ps can you actually die from flossing your teeth if your tooth is bad as in cavity .. ?

AppleCinnamon
05-08-17, 20:07
Panic is terrible, but you cannot die from poking a bad tooth, please realise that these thoughts are completely irrational