PDA

View Full Version : SCARED!!!

Copsgrl8
17-05-07, 02:56
I have been having terrible attacks the last few days. I was actually just at my Dr yesterday for a routine follow up and I mentioned to him about what I am feeling like I have done 100's of times in the past. He doesn't seem considered at all.

For the last few days my arms have been very sore and kind of just ache. I am so sure this is my early warning sign that a heart attack is about to happen. I also get chest pains and have been for many years now. I get them either under my breast or right in the center of my chest. I would say it's more of an ache than pain. Arm pain and chest pains makes my mind think "heart attack".

I am female 32 yrs old. I am a little over weight I eat fairly healthy I do smoke maybe about 5 or 6 a day. I dont' have high blood pressure or anything else.

Please help me!!!!

xBettyBoopx
17-05-07, 04:00
Hi Terri

So sorry that you're feeling so bad. I know exactly what you mean about the heart attacks I always think I'm having one. Like you, I get chest pains/aches and in the arm too. Sometimes indigestion is the cause and sometimes plain old anxiety. I think that chest pain is the most common symptom of anxiety, although others may not agree. I have had it for about 31 years:mad: and now as I'm getting older I think more about having a heart attack.

A lot of people get tested when they have these symptoms, which usually puts their minds at rest (for a while anyway), but from your post it sounds like you haven't had any. I see that you're in US, can you get them done free, like on your insurance? I would ask the doctor if you can, cause it might help you to know that there's nothing wrong.

I hope that you're a little reassured, 32 years of age is young. You can also get chest aches/pains from not breathing properly, like 'swallowing' the air instead of breathing it in. If I were you I would definately see the doc again and insist on test to put your mind at rest.
Take care
Espeth

nanny
17-05-07, 08:35
Hi
I too would advise you to go back to docs, even if you feel a nuisance (which i do) they are there to reassure you.

It could be any little thing that is causing it but when us anxiety suffereres get anything we automatically think the worse don't we?
Anxiety in itself causes all sorts of physical pains etc so even if she/he tells you it's that at least it would put your mind at rest.........