PDA

View Full Version : Distortions in my peripheral vision

Hears The Water
09-11-04, 23:48
Hey y'all!
I was wondering if any of you have had something like this before? I was sitting on the foot of my bed looking out the west window. The sun was low in the sky and it was shining in the windows with that golden look. I noticed that in my right peripheral vision, each time I blinked the image would distort. It looked just like what happens if you are looking at something while eating something hard like nuts or ice. (I first noticed that little thing while I was eating nuts and happend to glance over at the microwave digital time display) Each time you cruch, the image "jumps" or distorts. I just figured that it put some kind of pressure on my eyes or something and I just accepted it as normal. Now with this blinking thing I was a bit more upset. I left that room and came in here to the computer and I tried to make it happen so I could describe it to y'all and google obsess on symptoms but it did not happen again. I went back into my bedroom to try and make it happen again but the sun was not shining brightly into the room any more. I have astigmatism and I am wondering if it is the light that makes that happen. I found something online about astigmatism and light, but I can't remember just what it was now. I just had my eyes examened in like June or July of this year and I know that they did a glaucoma exam then. So, I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this before, just for reassurance. Thanks in advance.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

ItWillPass
10-11-04, 16:09
Hey Debbi-

what you described happens to me all the time... often while driving when the sun is out. Also, I have noticed that whenever I am anxious my eyes play tricks on me. I wouldnt worry about it. If you cant help but worry, then it never hurts to get your eyes looked at... just for peace of mind. But I for sure have experienced exactly what you described... feel good.