PDA

View Full Version : josephine

josephine
17-05-07, 13:45
this is my first time at this.

i am 38 and am married wth an 11 year old son. I have suffered from anxiety since i was about 9 yrs old. i find social situations very difficult even with close friends sometimes. i avoid social things as much as possible even though part of me really wants to get out there and join in. i have tried beta blockers, valium and cbt but it is still ruining my life. i am not working , i panic just thinking about getting a job. i spend most of my time at home. its where i feel safe.

i am tired of feeling like a misfit and hiding my anxiety incase anyone sees how i am really feeling.

does anyone else suffer from blushing/flushing? I have for the last 6 years and it is destroying my life. dont know what to do anymore.

hope to hear from you soon.

josephine:)

Nibbles
17-05-07, 14:17
Hi Josephine,

:welcome: to NMP :hugs:

You will soon meet lots of new friends who are there to support you however good or bad you're feeling. We all know what it's like so you now have a place where you don't have to hide the anxiety. :) I find social situations difficult too and have done cbt as well. The most important lesson I learned was to pace yourself and move forwards with small steps.

Take care,

darkangel
17-05-07, 14:21
Hi Josephine and welcome along to this site :yesyes:

Although i cant relate personally with blushing/flushing or social anxiety, I am sure there will be others on here who can.

This is a great site for supporting each other and sharing how you feel.

Take care

Luv Darkangel :flowers:

trac67
17-05-07, 14:25
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

funky chick
17-05-07, 14:28
Hi Josephine,
Welcome to the site lots of lovely people on here with help and support, hope to catch you soon take care love Gail xxx

Piglet
17-05-07, 14:37
A big welcome to the site. :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

belle
17-05-07, 14:41
Hi and welcome :)

x

groovygranny
17-05-07, 15:52
Hi Josephine, :welcome: to you!

I've blushed all my life:blush: - and now at my age I flush as well!! Never rains but it pours eh?!

It still bothers me a bit, but not half as much as it used too - this site has helped me greatly with any social anx I had.

You'll get lots of help and support here!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
17-05-07, 16:06
Hi josephine

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here and lots of support too.:)

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Southern_Belle
17-05-07, 17:49
Hi Josephine,

Welcome to the site. You will find alot of information, support and will make many friends here. I used to blush like crazy when I was younger but not so much nowadays. I'm sure there is someone here that can realte though.

Laura :)

SANDYJANE
17-05-07, 18:00
hi and a big warm welcome and like u i do have the blushing/flushing and i hate it ,,,

love sandy xx

nomorepanic
17-05-07, 19:19
Hi Josephine

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and meet some fab people.

manmoor
17-05-07, 23:11
Hi Josephine,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
19-05-07, 12:28
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Lindalou64
19-05-07, 18:49
welcome josephine,
i can relate to what ya saying as most of us here do .you will find lots of info and support here,i wish ya the best...........Lindaxx