PDA

View Full Version : I am really nervous?

SHYGIRLAJB
17-05-07, 22:48
Hi Everyone

I have been refferred to see a dietician and I am not looking forward to it. When I made the appointment, the receptionist stated the next group will be on the 7th June. I guess that there is going to be a number of people there.

I hope I don't have to sort of introduce myself in front of anyone, as I am very shy, nervous and anxious at the moment. I have also been suffering from depression, at the moment the Gp is winding down my meds to start me on new meds.

I am just so nervous don't really know what to expect and I am not really looking forward to it. Sorry for all of the rant.

shygirlajb

nomorepanic
17-05-07, 22:53
I see a dietician and it is one on one. Are you getting group meetings then?

cattttt
18-05-07, 00:26
She may not have meant that it would be a group session, but just that several people for the same thing would be seen on the same day. See if you can find out.If it is a group session, you will all be in the same boat, and there will be others just as scared as you. The person leading the group will know that people are scared and make allowances. I know you will be scared, but if you can get yourself along there, it probably won't be as bad as you think.

blackie
18-05-07, 11:41
Hiya
Its natural to feel nervous about taking on a new challange. Is there anyway you can phone you dietition and ask about whats going to happen, how many people are going to be ther and so on. Knowing abit more about it might make you feel calmer.
Hope it goes well
Blackie