PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm New

Fiona29
18-05-07, 09:25
Hey Everyone,

My name is Fiona, and I am 29. I have generalised anxiety and it is brought on by various things. I have always had anxiety as far back as I remember, the more I look at it, it has probably been going on since primary school. I had a major anxiety attack about 5 to 6 years ago, and have had smallish attacks since, that usually leave with a good nights sleep. I have however 2 weeks ago, had a bad one, which I have been put on Propanalol, and am currently off work as that is a place I just do not want to be just now.

I am looking for support, just to chat, and maybe even get a few laughs with other members, to help me.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Fiona
xxx

Cyberwolf
18-05-07, 09:40
Hi Fiona, I am very new here too, just posted my first post. I too am off work and have been prescribed propanolol (not that I amm sure it does anything for me!) Hopefully we can like you say share a few laughs and get some advice and support.
Best wishes
Lynne

groovygranny
18-05-07, 09:48
Hello Fiona, :welcome: to you!

Lots of help and support - and yes, plenty of laughs here!

:flowers:

manmoor
18-05-07, 09:54
Hi Fiona,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
18-05-07, 11:03
Hi Fiona

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
18-05-07, 19:44
Hi Fiona

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Zanxiety
18-05-07, 19:48
A big helloe to you Fino29, sorry to hear about the Geneal Anxiety problem you are having at the moment. You've done the right thing coming here, as we'll help you and give you much support as we can to fully comfort you.

Look after yourself and take care.

belle
18-05-07, 20:23
Hi and welcome Fiona!

x

Pink Princess
19-05-07, 12:30
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

judipat
19-05-07, 13:05
Hi Fiona

I'm new here too - just posted last night for first time - feeling just like u at present - hope we can support each other - I'm so glad I found this site. Theres nothing like talking to people who know what u are going through eh ??
Judi xx

Jaco45er
19-05-07, 13:26
A warm welcome to you Fiona

This is a great site, but the jokes are terrible.

A horse walks into a bar, and the barman says "why the long face?"

And they don't get much better I am afraid ;)

TC

Jaco

motor
19-05-07, 13:46
Hi Fiona. And welcome :)

geordie flower
19-05-07, 14:38
hiya im new girl too, wat an amazing site its good to know im not alone dealing with this, good luck x:)

trac67
19-05-07, 15:35
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Fiona29
19-05-07, 15:46
Hey everyone, you know I only joined this site yesterday and already I feel so welcome.

Had a wee bit of a set back last night but all seems that little better today.

Cheers

And I loved the horse joke, cheesy and heard it a million times, but hey it made me smile.

xxxx

josephine
19-05-07, 17:10
Hello Fiona

I just joined a couple of days ago. Still finding my way around. I suffer fron general anxiety too and also occasionally take propanolol. Although not sure if it helps much.

I would like to work but finding it really hard to even think about getting a job. My son starts secondary school soon and i know i must beat this fear and get out there.

I wish u luck with everything

bye for now

josephinex

Lindalou64
19-05-07, 18:41
hi Fiona,
welcome i met ya briefly in chat hope you find lots of info and meet some good people.........wish ya the best...........Lindaxx