PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Cyberwolf
18-05-07, 09:36
Hi,

I am currently at a stage in my life (a horrible stage may I add) where I am experiencing panic attacks on an almost daily basis. At least I am sure they are panic attacks and that is what the doc has diagnosed, let me twll you what i experience, I suddenly from nowhere feel like my world is turning upside down, I feel very sick, I sweat buckets, my legs turn to jelly, I get a lump in my throat and I HAVE to get out of wherever I am, even if I happen to be in the street, I have to get to my car or get home, or just get away.

I had my 1st attack about a year ago and it was a 1 off which was really scary but then nothing more for 11 months, when I decided to improve my lifestyle and stop drinking alcohol and get fit. Since then I have had 4or 5 full blown attacks as described above, and posibly 1 or 12 where I HAVE HAD TO GET OUT OF A BUILDING EG WORK, SUPERMARKET. HAve been to doctor who prescribed propanolol and diazepam, but to be honest I don't think they have had any real effect, even crunching the diaepam at the point of an attack.

I have been reading about blood sugar levels and have to say that today I woke up feeling really shaky and on edge (not full blown panic) and had half a carton of fruit juice and 2 pieces of toast with honey. Now an hour and half later I feel absolutely fine.

I guess I am justhere to get suppoet advice and to be reassured that a)I am not going mad and b)i am not going to die/collapse/faint/make a fool of myself.

Anyway thats my story so far - thanks for reading

groovygranny
18-05-07, 09:46
Hi Cyberwolf, :welcome: to you!

No, you're not going mad and you're not going to die - plenty of helpp and support here!

:flowers:

manmoor
18-05-07, 09:51
Hi Cyberwolf,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is lovely and will offer great support. xx Your not going to die hun and no your not mad xxx

honeybee3939
18-05-07, 11:09
Hi Cyberwolf

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way. :)

Sounds like classic Anxiety/Panic to me hun, take a look at the Symptoms, how to cope and first step pages sittuated at the left hand side of this page, theres lots there to help too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

nomorepanic
18-05-07, 19:43
Hi Cyberwolf

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages for some great advice and come here for support and to meet some fab people.

Pink Princess
19-05-07, 12:32
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

trac67
19-05-07, 15:45
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Lindalou64
19-05-07, 18:43
welcome wolf,
im sure you will find others with the same symptons, you will find support and info here.....wish ya the best.............Lindaxx

Zanxiety
20-05-07, 19:04
Hello their CyberWolf and welcome to this magnificant site with the awesome forum, firendly chat rooms, and the fun games to add in with that. Experiencing panic attacks everyday however, can be a sign of Panic Disorder which is nothing to worry about as it's just a name for people like you, myslef and others who get panic attacks more than four times a month.

On here, you'll find all the help you need to as we a very, very nice people. Hope to see you around.

Ellen70
20-05-07, 19:20
Hi Cyber, Welcome to NMP. The symptoms you describe are classic panic attack symptoms and most people on this site, myself included, get them regularly.

The thing about the diazepam is that you have to take it before you believe you will have a panic attack. Diazepam and other tranquillisers take about 45 minutes to calm you down from the time you take them. So unfortuantely if your panic happens out of the blue and without warning, the diazepam isn't going to help you instantly. Most people know the places and situations that induce their panic attacks and take the tranquilliser beforehand.
I don't know about propanolol as I have never taken it but if you do a search on it in the forum you will find loads of posts about it.

Take care
Eibhlin

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 04:56
Hi Cyberwolf,

A friendly welcome to you. You will be surprised at how many will be able to relate to you. Glad you are here.

Laura :)

Quiet-Lift
27-05-07, 13:38
Hi Cyberwolf

Congratulations on finding the courage to kick the alcohol and get yourself fit...Your attacks sound most distressing and I sympathise. I only hope they will become less frequent as time goes on.:yesyes:

There is lots of support here and people who have been where you are and know what you are going through...

Take Care

Allan59:)

belle
27-05-07, 17:17
Hi and welcome.
Sorry you're having a rough time!

x