PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics and dizziness

nicktaylor
18-05-07, 15:32
Hi,

I don't post often, but I've been worrying a bit lately. I'm getting maybe two or three times a week what I think are ectopics. I've occasionally had weird thumps that feel like my diaphram, but these are more obviously in my chest, like being winded or suddenly dropping - a big thump.

After each of these, I come over all dizzy - I'm not sure if this is just anxiety after being scared at the ectopic, or if they're more related. I get all lightheaded and tense, lasting maybe half an hour or more.

I've been doing generally better with the anxiety - even made it to the gym yesterday. I woke up today feeling pretty good, first time not really feeling to dizzy for a while, but then sat at work had a big thump this morning, and been feeling grotty for the rest of the day. It's really frustrating!

Over a year ago, I wore a heart monitor for a week and was told I have nothing wrong, but this is really bugging me, making me worried that maybe a few years of anxiety and being a podgy lazy so-and-so have given me something bad, that one of these thumps one day will turn into a heart attack! They come on at random, often when I'm just sitting at my desk at work.

I'm guessing lots of people have had the same and I'm worrying over nothing - I'm thinking of going to see my GP, but I doubt they'll say anything I haven't already been told.

Thanks,
Nick.

Jaco45er
18-05-07, 17:06
Hi Mate

Yes it sounds like ectopics, I get them regular. Exercise is a good way of tackling them.

Pop to your GP, that will put your mind at rest, and keep up the exercise too.

Above all, they are harmless, and have nothing to do with heart attacks.

Regards,

Jaco

nicktaylor
20-05-07, 20:26
Hey Jaco,

Thanks for the reply, and the reassurance! It's hard getting over the fact that the weirdness in your heart is harmless - doesn't seem logical that it can be 'misfiring' and yet working normally :)

I'm definitely going to keep up the exercise - slow and steady though, otherwise I scare myself to death... I'm holding off the GP for now, I want to see if I can push through it if I can, feels a bit like admitting defeat to go and see them. If I'm still feeling rubbish in a week or so, I might take myself along.

Nick.