PDA

View Full Version : hello

judipat
18-05-07, 23:35
hello, my name is Judi and I suffered a major breakdown in 1980 whilst living in the USA. I was hospitalised for 4 weeks. At the time, I had'nt a clue what was going on - all I could focus on was the physical symptoms I was experiencing. I was convinced I was going to die or at the very least, have a major illness, brain tumor, cancer etc. I was hyperventilating to the point of passing out and I would'nt go to sleep because I thought I would'nt wake up. After a week of this - my body completely siezed up, I went kinda crazy!! and they took me in.
Anyway, that was a long time ago and since I returned to the UK with my husband, we have had three children, I got my degree in social work at the age of 45 and now have a good job etc etc.
Three weeks ago, I had a panic attack at work - it frightened me to death. Since then, I've had several smaller ones and I've started hyperventilating again. I'm trying really hard to control them - but its hard. They are making me feel so ill.
Just writing this has calmed me down a bit - its good to talk.:)

honeybee3939
18-05-07, 23:45
Hi Judipat

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Take a look at the symptoms, how to cope and first step pages sittuated at the left hand side of this page you will find some useful information also.:)

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
18-05-07, 23:52
Hello judipat, :welcome: to you!

Writing and talking is good! Plenty of that here, as we're all in the same boat!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

judipat
18-05-07, 23:59
thankyou - I'm so glad I found this site:)

manmoor
19-05-07, 00:35
Hi Judi,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
19-05-07, 12:29
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
19-05-07, 12:30
Hi Judi

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Jaco45er
19-05-07, 13:22
Hi Judi

Welcome, I am impressed you have achieved a degree at 45, nice one :)

Don't worry about the breakdown in the USA, I have been to America so I know what you mean ;).

Don't be bluffed by panic attacks, have a look around the site there is a lot of good advice and tips here.

Regards,

Jaco

trac67
19-05-07, 15:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Fiona29
19-05-07, 15:45
Hi Mrs,

Glad you felt better after having a wee chat. It is great to come on here and know that your not alone.

I am still trying to work out exactly how it works and if there are certain times everyone comes on etc etc.

Speak to you soon
xxxx

Lindalou64
19-05-07, 18:45
welcome judi,
you will find lots of support and info here, i wish ya the best.....Linda xx

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 04:11
Hi Judi,

A friendly welcome to you. I'm glad you found this site and it will help.

Laura :)