PDA

View Full Version : Random panic and worrying about maybes

kimmy
19-05-07, 19:31
Ok Ive been fine for months- anxiety now and then and a panic a couple of weeks ago but it passed.

Anyways just now after the step sister left I was quite excited because we were making plans to go out next week. I guess I was slightly hyper- was thinking Id had too much caffine possibly when I felt a panic come on. I managed to stop it now I think but I do feel tense and shaky. Just called bf to see where he is and kids, dogs.

Its threw me, I forgot really how crap they are. Ok I seem to be calmer but whats brought it on?

I have my driving test Monday and Im excited but as we all do Im worried Ill have a panic and bugger it up (even though I dont really have panics anymore)

I do worry though about driving, passing my test and what If I become anxious when Im driving. Im scared Ill get so anxious when Im driving, what if it all happens again, anxiety. Ive read its a common fear, driving and anxiety. Yet I want this so much.:weep:

Tricky Tree
19-05-07, 22:00
I failed my first test (way back in 1990!) and drove ok on the day. I failed pulling back into the test centre!

I felt so unbelievably low after that - if you feel the same, dont worry. You can sit it again.

The second time around, I was a bit more nervous and made a few errors - eg: stalled the hillstart.

After being told that I had passed, I said that I thought I had failed given the errors made.

The examiner told me "Its not the errors you made - it was the way that you reacted to them that mattered".

So - dont worry about the test - just do your best. If you make an error, just take your time, breathe, and move on.

You will be fine. And even if you're not, theres next time.

I think the secret to conquering fear is to realise that even if the worst happens, its no biggie.

Good luck.

kimmy
19-05-07, 22:01
Thank you, It worries me being behind such a powerfull thing you know. Silly I know.

Tricky Tree
19-05-07, 22:10
Swear at it.

Refuse to be beaten by it.

My personal issues have been with meetings in relation to my job. I cant really swear at the people I meet, but you can with a car!

kimmy
19-05-07, 22:15
lol its so crap- im worrying it will all come back.