PDA

View Full Version : My Story.

Fluoxetine
20-05-07, 14:02
[First, I don't know if this have to be in this part of the forum, so you can move it if you think is convenient]

Hello, hello. Well, I try to tell you a bit of my life. I'm a girl, 15 years old and I speak spanish. I'm not good with english. You can call me F. Hope you understand what I'm going to say.

I had panic attacks when I was 12-13 years old. I started to feel sick at school, then I saw a lot of psychologists and neurologists. Finally, I found a psychologist and a psychiatrist who told me I was suffering from panic attacks and social anxiety. With meds and therapy I came back to school two months later. I was in octave grade.
Last year (first of three of high school) I moved to another school to study the subjects that I like. I felt so bad all the year but I had to continue.
This year I moved to another school. I went one day and then I left it. Why? Because I can't stand people. My parents were so angry with me so they decided to took me to another psychologist, even if I'm still going with the same psychiatrist.
Well, if I don't start school tomorrow (the same as last year) I'll lose this year. I'm a good student, and I don't want it! But I don't know, I feel very anxious, they say I can solucionate it all with meds but I don't think so. I'm sad all the time, I have dreams about school every night, the psychologist says everything I told her is false... I don't know how to do with my life, I'm so scared because I don't want to (or I can't?) come back with all of these people in school, but I have to...

Hope you can help me, I'll be so thankful =(

F.

josephine
21-05-07, 11:46
Dear F

I feel for u so much. I suffer from social anxiety also and i know it is not easy especially at a young age like you.I feel alone and scared like u do sometimes and i think u will find this site helpful because there are so many people who have exactly the same problem.

Maybe u should think some more about the medication they are suggesting may help you. Alot of people find it works so much for them.Even if it is just for a little while.

I hope you you find alot of help here and remember you are not alone, so many of us feel the same.

I wish u lots of luck and try and get as much support from this site as u can.

love josephine:) xx

blackie
22-05-07, 10:05
Hiya F
Sorry to hear your going through such a bad time.
I am 19 now but i didnt go to school. I left when i was 12 or 13 and didnt go back. I couldnt stand it, the crowds, teachers, peoples, lessons and so on. When i was 15 though i was allowed to go to a PRU which is a pupil referal unit. This is bassically a small goup of people who dont go to scholl for similer reasons who can learn and get there GCSE's. I dont know if they have anything like this where you are but it is worth finding out about. I dont know if you have a local education board that you or your parents can talk to.
Let me know how things turn out and if you ever need to talk about anything i am here.
Take care
Blackie

Magpie
22-05-07, 10:10
Hi F, I know how you feel. When I was at school I hated it, I was a good student as well but I had nothing in common with most of the other students and they made me feel like a freak. The good news is that you're now 15, so if you manage to go back it won't be long until you can leave again.

I'll tell you how I got through it - I treated my last year at school like a war. I knew that every day was going to be unpleasant, but it was something I had no real choice in so I just went in there and fought my way through it. I developed a sort of emotional mask to help me make friends, pretending to be a lot more confident than I was. It worked long enough for me to sit my exams.

Then I left and went to college; surprisingly, I really liked it there. I could learn without being surrounded by idiots and constant noise and teachers treating me like a child.

If you want to get through this next year, you can do it, one day at a time. It won't be nice, but there is always a way. You just have to find it.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Sax
22-05-07, 10:14
Hiya F,

Gosh you are going through a hard time aren't u love. Well firstly a warm welcome to the site, I feel this site will be perfect for you to talk about how you feel and know you amongst friends and those who really can relate to your feelings.
Please come into chatroom and share those thoughts with others if you feel able. Its such an important step to openly talk to others and when suffering from Social phobia (which I did last year) I know how isolated you feel.
I hope you get some good tips on here to try to resolve your schooling situation that sounds a real worry for you and its a shame your parents are angry without understanding your thoughts. Maybe persevere telling them how going into these situations makes you feel!

All the best and hope to meet you sometime in chat.

love Sax xx:shades:

blackie
22-05-07, 10:49
[quote=Magpie;222078]
Then I left and went to college; surprisingly, I really liked it there. I could learn without being surrounded by idiots and constant noise and teachers treating me like a child.(quote]

Hiya
I found this too. I loved collage from the moment i started. It was great. The perople are there because they want to be there and are far more grown up then they were at school. It is a really great oppertunity and there is so much more freedom.
Blackie