PDA

View Full Version : I admit I do need help...

Lozzie
20-05-07, 15:01
For far too long I have thought that this anxiety will just pass and I will be OK again. I know this is wrong but it was like I didn't want to admit that the anxiety had taken over my life so much.

Well today I have finally realised that I DO NEED HELP!!
I really can't go on the way I am at the moment. The anxiety is controlling my life, to the extent that I avoid certain places, I hardly go out and I even just panic walking down my road. I really NEED to take control and try and sort this out.
I have denied and denied that I need help, but I give in.
I admit, I do need help. I can't do this alone.

I want to be how I used to be. I want to be able to do the things I used to be able to do without a single worry, panic attack or anxious moment.

I am sitting here in tears, I know I need help. I admit I should of got help ages ago.
I don't know where to begin really.
But I suppose admitting it is the first step.
I am just not sure I can overcome this now :weep: :weep:
It has got so much worse then it used to be.
First step for me is admitting I need help and asking for it. I admit I need help now and I will go to my doctors and ask for it.
I hate the way I am, I hate the way the anxious thoughts always take over and stops me from doing things like other people are so easily able to do. I am sick of letting people down all the time and trying to explain myself but failing.
This is me, Laura, saying that I was wrong and I need to reach out for that help.
I just hope it's not too late...

honeybee3939
20-05-07, 15:19
Hi Loz

Its not too late at all! you will get better, i used to think i would never recover, but things have improved for me so much! There is light at the end of the tunnel hun!:)
WELL DONE for realising you need help and support, Thats a BIG STEP forward for you in the right direction !

Sending you HUGS:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Loz!!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

clickaway
20-05-07, 15:23
Laura,

Admitting that you need help is a great start, and you seem set to make an appointment with your GP in the morning. Hopefully, he wil refer you to the community mental health team.

But I'd seriously consider signing up for a telephone recovery course through No Panic - somebody else you can ring in the morning! These courses run both in groups and on a one-to-one basis, but they will motivate you I'm sure!

Onwards and upwards! :)

groovygranny
20-05-07, 16:01
It's never to late Laura.....

.....and you have just made a very positive decision which will put you on the road to recovery.

I'm full of admiration for you, well done!:hugs:

:flowers:

spiral
20-05-07, 16:59
it's great that you've realised you don't have to get over this alone. good luck at the doctors and don't forget to let us know what they say...

x

Lozzie
21-05-07, 21:45
Thank you all for your replies!! I do appreciate it! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I am hopefully going to the doctors tomorrow if I can manage to get an appointment. They have a new system where you have to ring up one the day you want seeing so there is no guarentee you will get fitted in!!!! GRRR!!!
So i am gonna be on the phone at 8am tomorro!!
Hopefully I will be able to get an appointment. Someone is coming with me to for support which is nice of them.
I have been thinking things through and I am not sure what to say if the doctor suggests putting me on medication for my anxiety.
I don't peticulary want to as I worry about side effects but I am not sure I can cope with this on my own.
Also I have been to see my Doc a few times whilst suffering with anxiety but never mentioned it to him :weep: :weep: So i am worried what he is going to think or say to me when I tell him.

I am very good at putting on a brave face and pretending I am OK.
But I know this doesn't work and I need help.
I can't stop crying, even typing this out I am sitting here in tears. I think everything has got to me and I am now a mess :weep: :weep:

I am anxious about ringing docs tomorrow but I know I have too.
Thankyou for all your kind words.
I am just going to keep updating this thread and use it as my venting thread.

Laura xxxx:flowers:

Keep going
21-05-07, 23:40
Hi Laura once you've told your doctor how you feel. it will take the weight of that anxiety off your shoulders. i just wish could have done it five years ago.

Good luck, and keep telling yourself it will be fine.

stuart:yesyes:

LadyBug
22-05-07, 03:35
I agree. The best thing is to get help. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. It is not too late. I remember thinking that I would never get better. But things are progressing nicely for me now. Best wishes!

groovygranny
22-05-07, 08:30
Hi Laura,

You're probably at the doc's now as I type so hope all goes well.

Just be yourself, be honest and don't rule out the possibilty of taking meds just to get you over the worst.

Look at them as a temporary support to enable you to help yourself and I'm sure they'll work for you. Mind you, your doc may think they're not necessary anyway, only he can tell!

Thinking of you

Lozzie
22-05-07, 12:53
Thankyou all for your replies :)
Well I rung my Doctors this morning at 8am like I was told and couldn't get through till 8:20am and then I asked for appointment and they were fully booked!! :ohmy:
So now I have to wait till tomorrow morning and try again and hope that I will get appointment tomorrow. I hate this new system they have!! What happened to being able to choose what day you go see the doctor and book it in advance rather than having to ring on the day and possibly not getting an appointment!!
I just feel so frustrated!! I am trying to ask for help but getting knocked back!!
Hopefully I will get through tomorrow and get an appointment!!
I feel so low today :weep: :weep:
I just want help now

honeybee3939
22-05-07, 19:20
Hi Laura

WELL DONE for getting the courage to ring the GP:) , i hope you manage to get a appointment tommo, will be thinking of you, keep us informed hun how things go.

Hugs
Andrea
xxxx

sarah1984
22-05-07, 20:40
Hi Laura,

I think you've made a really wise decision in deciding to go see the doc and I hope it will be the first step on your road to recovery! Don't worry about not telling him about it before-you're the patient and it's up to you what you decide to discuss in your appointments so I'm sure he won't judge you in any way. Also, with the meds-try not to be too afraid-each med does different things to different people, so there's no guarantee that you will experience any side effects whatsoever. Why not tell him you're wary and ask whether there are alternative treatments you could try first like CBT etc? It's a pain you can only ring on the day-that's really unusual-I've never heard of that system before. Where I am, you normally have to wait 10 days if you want to see a specific doctor but you only ring on the actual day if you want an emergency appointment.
Good luck getting through tomorrow and let us know how you get on.