PDA

View Full Version : Support Group in Woking, Surrey

clickaway
20-05-07, 15:34
Just a reminder to members, especially new ones, that I am still running my support group "Release" in Woking for people who suffer from Anxiety, Panic, OCD and Phobias. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, in the evening. You are quite welcome to attend, wherever you live.

You can view our leaflet here
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/resources/Release_leaflet_v1.pdf

Celia, a co-facilitator is planning to join us as from the next meeting (Wednesday 23 May).

Feel free to PM me for further details.

Piglet
20-05-07, 15:40
Ray,

That all looks totally brilliant - I tell you if I lived near then I would be there everytime, sat in my chair with my pringles!!

I love the pamphlet too - did you have a hand in that and are there any ideas we can take from it to help us with the NMP tips pamphlet?

Piglet

clickaway
20-05-07, 15:47
Hey, you need to move up here - maybe I'll get some Pringles in for the next meeting!

I helped to draft the leaflet, but Paul, who runs the centre, put it together on the PC so maybe I need to ask him what software he used.

:hugs:

Piglet
25-05-07, 11:03
Yes that would be an idea!

Piglet :flowers:

Star
28-07-07, 11:35
Hiya, i've been looking at this website and am trying to get the courage to go as I can get here quite easily..

what kind of thing goes on here? and what age groups go here?

I've never been to a group thingie before

clickaway
28-07-07, 12:04
Hi Star,

There are about 5 to 6 of us who usually attend. We chat about how we've been and how we feel, but there is no requirement to say very much at all - you are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable that way.

Whilst it is 'my group', we also have a co-facilitator who is a young post-graduate psychologist who is able to give a different perspective on things as she is not a sufferer.

She is in her early twenties and I would say the youngest sufferer is around 30. The rest of the regulars are in their forties and early fifties.

But all are welcome, and I feel that age is unimportant. Our next meeting is Wednesday 8 August at 7.30pm.

If you'd like to chat more, feel free to pm me

Take care

clickaway
04-11-09, 01:29
Just bumping this up a bit in case anyone is interested is coming along. Our next meeting is Wednesday 11th November 2009.

ray :)

Tia Maria
02-06-10, 19:55
Hi Ray
I am new to the web site and live in Guildford and would like to attend your group - what is the next date?
Maria