PDA

View Full Version : Lump in my throat

kimmy
20-05-07, 19:54
Ok I had a random small panic attack yesterday. Since then or maybe before I have noticed I have a lump in my throat like I have swallowed something. It seems a bit tender and dry. Im not feeling anxious at the moment and im not worrying about it but I can feel it there. It has felt a bit painfull too at points but its annoying me now. Any advice it seems like its by my voice box

blackie
20-05-07, 20:36
Hiya
It could be that you have a sore throat pr tonsilitals. Have you got a tempreture? O0therwise it could just be a sore spot or stress. When i get stressed i get a sore sport on my throats that starts to hurt if i sing.
Take care
Blackie

kimmy
20-05-07, 20:44
yeah, it does seem too low in my throat for tonsilitis i think. Thanks for the advice xxx mwahxx

nomorepanic
20-05-07, 20:47
If it doesn't go soon then welcome to the world of the "lump in throat" syndrome that a lot of us get!

kimmy
20-05-07, 20:48
Lol thanks for that :) I feel so special now

kimmy
20-05-07, 20:49
To be honest im not worrying because so many people have mentioned it, its annoying xx

Cyberwolf
21-05-07, 14:29
Hi Kimmy
When I am stressed or on the verge of a panic attack I have a lump in my throat probably roughly where a guys adams apple is and it just feels like I have smallowed a sock, or ball of cotton wool. So ANNOYING, just gives me something to worry about as I know a panic attack will be a long soon.....

SamJay
22-05-07, 03:49
Hi Kimmy,

Unfortunately, I think I've just started to get the 'lump in throat' syndrome.

I did a search and found your message. So, I feel reassured that it's just another symptom of anxiety and not anything bad...but annoyed that yet another symptom has decided to show up!

Anyway, seems you're not alone with this. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Sam xxx

LadyBug
22-05-07, 03:56
I get symptoms even when I'm not worried. I think its our subconcious acting out. Don't ya just LOVE anxiety? (joking of course) Just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one that gets symptoms without them actually being a stressor. Best wishes!