PDA

View Full Version : Derealization/Depersonalization

angiebaby
20-05-07, 23:19
Hello there, i am really stuggling at the moment with my unreality, DP/DR, etc, etc, etc. Can't shake it at all, i get the waves of it now, but i also get the worst times too and they are really really bad. I find it so scary and i really try and not be scared but just cannot help it. I know that it is very common to have these feelings when you have PTSD, i suppose it's a little like your body still being in shock, but there must be something out there to help us. I believe that i am going insane. Obviously i am getting more and more depresses and now i am finding it increasingly harder by the day, to go to work. It's not the fact that i want to give up as it were, but i just feel so fed up and exhausted and have just lost my fight. I find just moving about and speaking at the moment a lot to force myself to do and i am scared that things are just getting worse and worse. I really don't want to go off work sick, this is not me at all, i used to love my job, but i'm so low. Nothing helps at all, you know when you just feel so ill but you don't know what is wrong, just something. I know this is probably the depression as well and that is getting worse because of the symptoms - vicious circle!! Anyone know what i mean?

nomorepanic
20-05-07, 23:26
I never found a cure either. It dimished in time once I started new diet and exercise routine and stop focusing on panic all the time like I was.

It will go but mine took years - sorry for no miracle cure.

ade
21-05-07, 09:22
angie,
i find the depersonalisation stuff so hard and scary,but you arent going insane.i know its hard my love but hold on tight.sometimes i feel like i am miles inside my own mind,buried under all the fear.its a tough road but it does improve and i hope you can get through this really hard time
all the love under the sun ade x xxx x :flowers:

Lynnann
21-05-07, 21:35
Hi Angiebaby,

I am sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, I know it is not easy but you are not going insane. We all have moments when we think we have nothing left but tomorrow is a bright new day. Hopefully soon one of your tomorrows will be. All I can say is be kind to yourself for a while and count the good days not the bad ones. Understand that PTSD is caused by a trauma and these things take time to recover from. It is an illness and if you need to take time off from work then you must do that. It does get better with time.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

angiebaby
21-05-07, 21:51
Thankyou, i just do not feel like myself anymore. I feel strange and ill.

myself
22-05-07, 12:00
Angiebaby
we all know that feeling, I so want to be "myself" again I've used it as my name !
We do have good days and bad days, just dont blame yourself, things do improve.
take care
Myself

funky chick
22-05-07, 22:52
Aww Angiebabe, sending you hugs thinking of you hope feel better soon i do know those feelings you get i get them too and as Nic says unfortunately takes time for them to go but they do. Please take care Angiebabe lots of love Gail xxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:hugs:hope this help you not feel so alone Angiebabe xx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

sallad
23-05-07, 02:45
I am feeling really 'out of my body' right this very minute which is why I am on here. I am at work as a teacher and suddenly this wave of....what shall I call it? Weirdness? came on me. I am watching the clock as I write waiting to get home. Are you on meds? I am on Paxil and last night I forgot to take it and then this am I ran off and forgot to take it again so I know that is part of it. Yikes. Fun stuff this panic. Just know you are not alone.