PDA

View Full Version : panic

soulsurfer
21-05-07, 07:38
just having another rant about pa i had last night, i think my bath was to hot which caused increased heart rate, then into pa tried breathing etc managed to calm down had no sleep last night, at work now with normal chest pain, coping just starting cbt this fri still not on any meds.
thanks for listening phil

neptuno
21-05-07, 10:46
Hello Phil !
Getting through a day at work in panic is exhausting. Try this ..
Put hands together (as if praying), bridge your hands so just fingertips touch, then gently tap the fingertips together - say to your self "calm and relaxed, safe and secure". This is quick EFT which won't attract any attention and you can do it anywhere to bring down stress levels and nip panic in the bud. Try it.
Be kind to yourself

Wenjoy
21-05-07, 12:15
Hi Soul surfer - I often have a bath thats too hot then I feel faint and dizzy and my breathing goes haywire and I trigger a panic attack - its just your body gets overheated but it goes back to normal if you accept it is normal.Wenjoy x

groovygranny
21-05-07, 12:40
Hi Phil

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

I feel so much better myself knowing I'm not the only one logging on in work time lol !!:blush:

Seriously though, hope your day goes well:)!

soulsurfer
21-05-07, 14:05
thanks for replys, i have been trying some eft seems to reduce panic attacks, survived through work now at home relaxing feeling a bit better.

Zanxiety
21-05-07, 14:21
Eventhough you must have found it hard, WELL DONE for getting through your day at work with nothing bad happening. The more you stay in a situation the easier it will become, and you'll feel better for it too. Lovely to know though that your now enjoying yourself at home and that things seem to be getting better already. You've got the rest of the day now, to sit back and relax.:winks:

Take care...from Zanxiety:)

Wendie j
21-05-07, 18:32
Hi Phil

:) well done for staying at work, hope you are having a relaxing evening now?

im alot similar to you in that hot baths can bring on panic symptoms i used to enjoy saunas and steam rooms but havnt been near one since suffering with panic attacks.If you love baths a tip i use is just before you get out gradually reduce the temperature of the water bit by bit so its not so hot it allows your body to cool down abit before stepping out.It does stop me getting so dizzy.

Good luck with the CBT,im just starting on myself had a couple of sessions so far and its really helping me let us know how you get on.

take care :hugs:Wendie xx

Piglet
21-05-07, 18:36
I'm another one who has to watch how hot they have the bath!! :blush:

Piglet :flowers:

neptuno
21-05-07, 18:58
Well done Phil ! glad the EFT helped and got you through the day. You're giving your body all the right signals that you are in control. You can face work with confidence now you have this technique to hand. Don't be afraid to use it !
Be kind to yourself

soulsurfer
21-05-07, 20:14
Thanks for all the replys, will have showers for a while feeling a lot better than this morn, going to enrol on a eft level 1 course to see if i can use it.

blackie
22-05-07, 09:22
Hiya phill
Hope you are feeling better today. Hope the corse goes well
Take care
Blackie

Wendie j
22-05-07, 12:50
How are you doing today Phil?

isnt it funny how little things trigger these P.Attacks . . im suffering with a migraine today and the dizzy feeling is setting me off!!

should get off computer i guess ha:lac:

Wendie j xxx

soulsurfer
22-05-07, 20:39
feeling a bit better today thanks, still have pain in chest and feeling anxious but surviving, off to cbt on friday, been in touch with a eft therapist any one had a one to one with one.
philxx

Wendie j
29-05-07, 17:53
Hi Phil:)

how did your CBT session go last friday hope it was a great help for you.

wendie j xxxx