PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid

lucy0927
21-05-07, 12:28
Hi,

I'm quite a paranoid person as it is but when it comes to relationships I get even worse, I've recently been speaking/ texting this guy I like and he's said he likes me (it's complicated because he's a lot older but he's said he think I'm great and hasn't really given me any reason to doubt he's lying) but I've been getting really paranoid recently. Just last night for example I sent him a text and he didn't reply and now I'm really worried that I've done something wrong. I worry all the time that I'm not really a good person and that after a while people get fed up of me and decide that I'm not worth their time. I worry that I say or do something that they don't like and they'll just stop talking to me etc. I try to tell myself that it doesn't matter and that if they don't like me for who I am then they're not worth it but it's so hard sometimes.

Does anyone else ever feel like this and is it part of social anxiety? Has anyone any tips/ advice on how to deal with this and think more positively of themselves?

Thanks.

yorkylover
21-05-07, 12:35
Hi:) I think alot of people with anxiety feel like this.Your certainly not alone.Im sure he will txt you back.I think we lack confidence in ourselves and this is why we feel like we do.We worry to much.:hugs: :hugs:

blackie
22-05-07, 10:00
Hiya
Dont worry about him not txting back. Its perfectly normal but i can understand it can make you feel abit worried. It doesnt mean you have done anything wrong or that he doesnt like you, i can assure you off that.
Try and relax and replace the negitive thoughts with possitive ones.; Look at all the nice things he has said to you and feel good about it.
Take care
Blackie