PDA

View Full Version : Cymbalta 6omg

Suzie
21-05-07, 15:58
:) Just to let anyone who is wondering about CYMBALTA 60mg I am on my second week of the antidepressant. The first week I was taking 30mg as perscribed by my doctor, who now on the second week has me taking 60mg. My overall feeling is positive. I realize I am new to being on the medication, however, I am personally at a crossroads life wise: recently unemployed, going through a very turbulant marriage that verbals have said the 'divorce' route, and I have since last fall ran from all my problems by traveling to NY, to this year FL. ALOT. Each to start a new life. My life stresses have had me looking for to lean on family who have made it clear that I won't be given money for assistance...'which I never asked for', however I innocently walked in on a private conversation. Anyway, I am on my own in a sense. And I can hear my moms words echoing in my head even now states away. "Your either going to swim or sink by this age in your life". And yes, she is the one telling my father in private, "No we are not going to give her any money". I had walked up from behind her and exclaimes softly, "I never asked you both for any money". Her replie was and his too, "Just you being her is costing us money.

BREAK ----from that. They love me I know. Truly they do. But they are retired Ct teachers now in a brand new home they built in FL and they just bought a boat.

Tough Love I suppose. My psychiatrist said wow, Suzie, that is not love from your parents at all. About six or so months ago he did an evaluation on me. He said well you confuse me Suzie, your bright, smart, and I can't with out more talks know what is wrong. He knew the general stuff...when they do their check list for the evaluation. It is when I disclose real life situations and how I am not functioning to my full capacity he only now six months later is perscribing Cymbalta. I feel Happier.

My psychaitrist knows that I have had turbulance in my marriage over three years now. And he is aware of my family dynamics such as they are. More importantly he knows I should be able to work and for me this is a biggy. I have not worked since I married technically. I have been too uprooted and malajusted with on and off work patterns.

So Cymbalta is my scales of justice to even out my hormones now that I'm turning 39. Reason I mention hormones is because while I was in FL I landed an excellent career that paid a first time high for me base and commission. It was my start of my period (sorry to be so blunt), but I woke one day after loveing work, a Sat. and felt just crappy. Wanted a low profile at my parents and poured my coffee, made my toast and went to catch the news in the living room while my mom was out on the terrace. Perhaps this is the drama...but I knew ahead of time I should say good morning to my mum. But I refrained for some reason. I think back now because she came in late with my dad and scolded my little bishon for jumping up around her as she came in from dancing. She was in the laundry room then kitchen and she has a thing about my little under 10lb bishon standing on two legs trying to get attention. Well I being an adult just took my dog into her room, actually my bedroom /guestroom at the time. OK to the point here, woke up feeling crapy Sat. morning and my mom actually within 10min confronted me while getting first angry and then crying that I did not greet her that particular morning. COME ON . BREAK ANYONE PLEASE!

Love my mom but she actually had the nerve to not only blame me but say other people have problems too not just me. I told her I should not have to be making excuses why or anything...and that excuse me for going through financial hardship plus a divorce and I just do not have extra to go around this morning. I told her my allergies exploded blah blah...and then I found my self packing yet again back to where ever.

So Cymbalta, I am giving myself the chance I need to get back on track with not letting drama interfer anymore. And soon I will have now that I am back in New England a great job and with or without a divorce with be happier. Only then will I wean myself from the meds with my doctors help.

I do feel alot better. Really. I can clean around the house and cut the grass...I actually see it as meditation. I usually dispise cleaning.

--Suzie

sarah1984
21-05-07, 21:50
Hi Suzie!

Good to hear from another person on Cymbalta (duloxetine). I think it's quite a rare drug over here-not many people on this forum seem to be on it. I've taken 60mg a day ever since June last year when I came off seroxat. It's meant to start working a lot quicker than other meds and you should see signs of improvement within one to four weeks. I felt much better just being on it, though whether that was the pills starting to work or just a pyschological reaction is uncertain. Anyhow, Cymbalta's worked wonders for me. I think they try and keep you on it for six months minimum. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Good luck and take care!
Sarah x

Suzie
21-05-07, 22:44
Hi Suzie!

Good to hear from another person on Cymbalta (duloxetine). I think it's quite a rare drug over here-not many people on this forum seem to be on it. I've taken 60mg a day ever since June last year when I came off seroxat. It's meant to start working a lot quicker than other meds and you should see signs of improvement within one to four weeks. I felt much better just being on it, though whether that was the pills starting to work or just a pyschological reaction is uncertain. Anyhow, Cymbalta's worked wonders for me. I think they try and keep you on it for six months minimum. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Good luck and take care!
Sarah x
Thank you for your candor. I was never the type to go the med. way but extenuating circumstances makes it easier to say I need help and all else has yet to work. I am by nature a optimist and easygoing person. I feel my age, hormones and life experiences has something to do with my not being able to put up with in a work environment with any dysfunction of any kind. Especially stress. After I first relocated to where my husband is I landed a great career a Wells Fargo Financial. My boss sat behind me and between his constant state of stress out poor and my being in the training months. I left after 7 total because he yelled across the office at me. I called in one Dec. morning and exclaimed to him that his stress was starting to affect me and that I would no longer be able to work there cause it was dysfunctional. He said thank you and hung up. Then quickly he called back asking me not to quite because of him. I was so but back and surprised by this. Glad of course, but still unable to budge in my anti stress movement. As personal as it was then.

Ok, now you wrote and I am glad cause you are the first person besides a website I checked out on Cymbalta. I had to with samples in hand first read everything I could find and comparatives too the meds. I liked what I was informed with so I took a week ago the first step towards gaining back control and my life.

It's almost June and that makes you a year taker. Do you see improvement in your actions towards a better life? I realize everyone defines this differently. Not everyone needs a career or a high paying job. After all I beleive we should never define ourselves by what we do for work. That is a whole nother tangent I could go on. I'll spare you.

I feel brighter less sad on Cymbalta. My biggest obstical I have is determining what I want to do for a job or career. I never had a strong knowing of what was for me. I always ended up in Sales and now I'm burn out with it completely. My husband is a quick burn out from insurance sales. So we are quite the pare. He's on Zoloft, and clozepam. His doctor actually up'd his zoloft to 100mg since I've returned home.

Sarah again that means alot to me this out reach type forum. Big Smile back at ya!

Many Blessings to you!

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 17:41
Hi Suzie,

Welcome to NMP. I personally am not on cymbalta but my best friend was. She was on it for 2 years and it saved her. She was suffering from a bad depression and it really helped her. The only thing she couldn't do was drink (and yes I know they all say not to drink) but she couldn't even handle a glass of wine. The good news is she was able to go off of it and is the person she once was again. I' sorry your family wasn't more supportive for you as that can be so very helpful. I too have a 10 lb. bichon and that is just how mine acts when someone enters a room, lol.

I do hope for better days for you. Good luck!

Laura :)