PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure about this

crazychick
21-05-07, 16:38
I found out a few days ago that i am pregnant my current GP is away and i can't see her till wednesday so i am looking for some advice from people if possible. From my calculations i'm around five weeks my problem is the medication etc take,

Sertraline
Pro-pranalol
Diazapam.

I've stopped the diazapam and propranalol but i've been really bad over the past few weeks and have used a lot. Does anyone know what affects these could have on my unborn baby? I'm really scared.

Also when i'm taking panic attacks am i doing my baby any harm?

I'm really scared, this was not planned but i don't want to muck it up. please help.

xxx

yorkylover
21-05-07, 17:05
Hi congratulations.Im not experienced in this but I would advise you to phone the surgery and ask about the meds.I dont think panic attacks will harm the baby,but you need to find out about the medication.It will also put your mind at ease.:hugs:

crazychick
21-05-07, 17:18
I don't think my GP's receptionists understand how stressed and worried i am - i don't want to make myself ill and i don't want to harm my baby. i'm so stressed.

groovygranny
21-05-07, 20:08
Crazychick,

What about phoning the NHS Helpline?

I've found them pretty good when my surgery isn't available.

You'll be spoken to by a Nurse Practitioner who will then ask a doctor to phone you back.

I'm sure you will get help quite rapidly under the circumstances.

In the meantime, try not to dwell on this too much. It's the most natural thing in the world to worry a bit about this, most of us would in your situation, but try the helpline as soon as you can so you can have peace of mind.

Big hug and congrats to you! :hugs:

PS: GG's third daughter was a complete surprise too:blush: !!

:flowers: