PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Gleamchaser
21-05-07, 18:33
Hi, I'm a 25 year old female from the USA who has been dealing with anxiety/panic attacks and mild OCD from a very early age. Over the years I've been diagnosed, formally and informally, with everything but panic disorder. No one gets it, I hardly understand it and so my attempts at reachong out for help have so far been met by a barrage of "Just get over it" or "You've nothing to be nervous about"....

At any rate, I'm glad to find this site. :o)

Piglet
21-05-07, 18:35
A very big welcome to you. :D

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
21-05-07, 18:38
Hi

And welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Zanxiety
21-05-07, 18:58
A very big hello to you Gleamchaser. You are certainly correct to say that you've found the right site as this is one of the most supportive and helpful anxiety forums their is in the galaxy and just liked you believed we do indeed say much more supportive and helpful things than "Just get over it" as that gives me the impression that that person saying that really doesn't care and understand what the person with the panic or anxiety is going through.

Have a superb time with us, and look foward to seeing you around.:yesyes:

trac67
21-05-07, 19:25
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

groovygranny
21-05-07, 19:52
Hi there Gleamchaser, :welcome: to you!

We're glad you found us too - plenty of help and support here!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
21-05-07, 20:02
A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

manmoor
22-05-07, 09:08
Hi Gleam,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

sarah1984
22-05-07, 20:44
Hi Gleamchaser-you've come to the right place for support and understanding. No-one here will dismiss you by telling you to pull yourself together! Take care and I hope this site will help you understand your anxiety better.

crazygirl
22-05-07, 21:07
Hi everyone!! I'm new here and glad I have found a site that shows that I am not completely mad!!! I'm 30 and mum to four kiddies and have had panic attacks since childhood which then became more frequent, now usually daily, when I had a miscarriage 5 years ago. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and secondary agoraphobia. I've had various therapies but haven't tried medication, the thought of taking it makes me panicky!!! lol!!! Things are hard but I try to keep busy, my children help with that side of things of course!! It's nice to see that there are people who do understand and that I am not on my own, many people don't seem to understand these problems and I am quite sick of explaining why I can't go out and do 'normal' things. Anyway, I will hopefully speak to you all soon,

Anne-Marie x

Pink Princess
23-05-07, 13:02
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 04:45
Hi,

A friendly welcome to the site. Many people will be able to relate to what you are feeling.

Laura :)