PDA

View Full Version : Struggling w anxiety while waiting for dr appts.

Ryzinn
03-08-17, 00:24
Whilst being stuck at a 24hr a day 5 day a week training academy, I somehow managed to get some dr appts set up for my ongoing issues but feel kind of stuck w my very limited schedule.

I'm convinced I have MS as what started as off as on pins and needles in my foot has now progressed to regular dizzy spells and recently frequent nights of nocturia (night time urination). I'm trying so hard to get thru my job training but it's so hard when I'm so worried and things seem to be getting worse. I'm hoping it's all just anxiety but it's been going on for months now.

I really want an MRI but apparently they can't just order one overnight and this isn't helping my anxiety. I do have an EMG scheduled on the 18th but that's so far away. Ugh. Can anybody offer some advice or reassurance?

Ryzinn
03-08-17, 12:59
Bump due to spam

Fishmanpa
03-08-17, 13:11
Unfortunately, waiting times for appointments can be arduously long. I wanted to change my Cardio appointment and it would have meant a 3+month wait so I kept my original appointment. Same for certain tests as well as where you're at in the world.

You don't say what you're training for but in general, academy life can be stressful. I have to assume you're young as you're in an academy so that's part of the non-urgency. My experience has been that medical professionals will put you on the fast track if they really feel something is amiss.

As far as coping? I wish there were magic words or techniques but there aren't. It comes down to you finding positive coping mechanisms. Distraction, meditation, relaxation techniques etc. There are several resources online for this but again, it's your own personal efforts and determination that will help you overcome your anxiety over this.

Just based on the sheer number of fears here vs. the actual number of these fears being reality, I would lean heavily all is well and at worst it's a benign issue associated with stress biology.

Positive thoughts

cattia
03-08-17, 13:53
My next appointment is not until August 18th and I'm literally counting down the days. It seems impossible to wait that long but I guess we just have to know that the time will pass. All we can do is hang in there.

Ryzinn
03-08-17, 21:14
Thanks for the replies you too. Fishmanpa you're a god send on this forum. I'm
Hoping it's just stress as well.