PDA

View Full Version : Memory???? Please Help

ctb2
12-11-04, 15:59
Hey I was just wondering, whenever i seem to do something at the moment memories from ages ago pop into my head from nowhere, whilst my short term memory is ineffective. Does anyone else have this????? I am so so so scared. I dont feel iam on this planet.

Also my mind races all the time about anything and everything to do with anxiety??????

AM I Normal???? Your advice would be muchly appreciated! Thanks

seh1980
12-11-04, 17:49
hello there,

I have also noticed that since suffering from panic attacks, I am remembering events that I haven't thought about in ages. I have no idea why this is - maybe because our minds are a lot more active and therefore think more...?

Sarah :D

ctb2
12-11-04, 17:57
Thanks for replying, it is great to hear that someone else has this, i just cant seem to stop my mind from racing all the time its hell.

Cheers

Chris

ItWillPass
12-11-04, 19:43
Wow I could have posted this myself. I have the same exact issue. I keep getting random memories from when I was like 2 years old... but I can not remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. It is driving me nuts. People tell me to do things for them, and I just totally forget. I think Sarah is right... I think it all has to do with anxiety... Our brains are too busy thinking... they dont have time to remember practical things. I dunno... I am not a Dr, but it always helps to know you arnt alone.

Rennie1989
12-11-04, 21:14
OMG

yes i do, but they are not nice! its like bad memories that i wished i never thought off!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Meg
13-11-04, 21:40
Cbt2

This is extremely normal .

It may be that your current short memory slots are all taken up with your current issues and your wider memory is scanning the past to see whether it can come up with solutions or a reason for starting .

*Also my mind races all the time about anything and everything to do with anxiety??????*
Totally normal for us ...

Intense distraction will prove to you it is get riddable of for a few hours and then as you learn to change how you view it all it will dissipate.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance