PDA

View Full Version : Hiya Guys!

stardust
12-11-04, 17:01
This website is really good

seh1980
12-11-04, 18:56
Yes, I would say that you do have OCD. It seems that you are obsessed and repulsed by dirt. Is there any reason for this?

Sarah :D

Marc
12-11-04, 19:35
Hi OCD Girl

Yes, I'd say you have a bit of OCD, but not a too bad case.
You sound just a bit wound-up about things, and life in general.
Join the club.
For people like us who are a bit different from the norm, life can be a real struggle.
But hey, you're in the right place, cos we love you :)
I'd really like to meet you to see if you're as bad as you believe. I bet you're not. I bet you are really nice AND pretty too.
But anyway, even if you're not, even if you look like the back end of a bus, that doesn't matter. What you are inside is what matters. And you sound nice. Just need someone to be your friend and help you find out how to make life a bit more enjoyable.
Well, like I say, you've found the right place here.
We love to have you around, and keep talking on here. You'll soon find you start to feel a lot better.
Good luck with everything, and stay in touch.

Marc

kate
12-11-04, 20:08
Hello,

Yes, it would seem that your psychiatrists diagnosis is spot on.

My daughter also has OCD her compulsions being with counting in even numbers, doing certain rituals an even number of times, repeating phrases, praying and all done to prevent bad things happening.

Are you on any medication?

Kate x

davebrum
13-11-04, 12:54
hi if you private message me your email address i have a very informative three page article on ocd out of heres health magazine i would be only too glad to email it to you (or anyone else who would like to see it)
x david

Meg
13-11-04, 22:29
Dave ,

Email to Nic too and she can use/ link to it . That way everyone can benefit .

Many thanks

OCD girl -
You do have OCD tendancies and symptoms but not that severe

*if it gets dirty again i feel the need to do it again sometime later* This is encouraging - the if it gets dirty .

Some OCD woud redo it anyway and the 'sometime later' is also good as often it would have to be immediate .

Some of your compulsions are more vigorous ..

what help have you received so far and have you read much on OCD self help ?

What support do you have at home ?

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
14-11-04, 21:16
Hiya

I replied to you other post as well but yes I agree that it does sound like OCD and I will let you know what more info I can put on the site to help you and others.

Nicola

stardust
15-11-04, 13:54
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi OCD Girl

Yes, I'd say you have a bit of OCD, but not a too bad case.
You sound just a bit wound-up about things, and life in general.
Join the club.
For people like us who are a bit different from the norm, life can be a real struggle.
But hey, you're in the right place, cos we love you :)
I'd really like to meet you to see if you're as bad as you believe. I bet you're not. I bet you are really nice AND pretty too.
But anyway, even if you're not, even if you look like the back end of a bus, that doesn't matter. What you are inside is what matters. And you sound nice. Just need someone to be your friend and help you find out how to make life a bit more enjoyable.
Well, like I say, you've found the right place here.
We love to have you around, and keep talking on here. You'll soon find you start to feel a lot better.
Good luck with everything, and stay in touch.

Marc

<div align="right">Originally posted by Marc - 12 November 2004 : 18:35:10</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

stardust
15-11-04, 13:56
Hiya Sarah, I dont really know why i am obsessed with dirt. Obviously no one likes things to be dirty but im fixated with keepiong things clean.
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Yes, I would say that you do have OCD. It seems that you are obsessed and repulsed by dirt. Is there any reason for this?

Sarah :D

<div align="right">Originally posted by seh1980 - 12 November 2004 : 17:56:05</div id="right">

stardust
15-11-04, 13:59
Hello Kate [^]Yes im on a medication called Sertraline tablets. x
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello,

Yes, it would seem that your psychiatrists diagnosis is spot on.

My daughter also has OCD her compulsions being with counting in even numbers, doing certain rituals an even number of times, repeating phrases, praying and all done to prevent bad things happening.

Are you on any medication?

Kate x

<div align="right">Originally posted by kate - 12 November 2004 : 19:08:15</div id="right">

paul
15-11-04, 16:57
hello ocdgirl i have ocd too.i do have some cleaning obbsessions,more to do with my hands as opposed to my flat,its a tip at the best of times lol.i can totally realate to the counting and checking though,four is a number that ive used before,sometimes my number change ,which i suppose shows the whole irrationality of the problem.

also the arrangement of things before i go out have to be a certain way or it wont be right.annoying isnt it?im not on any medication at the moment ,i used to be on anti-deprresants,which apparently can help with ocd too,but im waiting for some other therapy.

have you had any other treatment for ocd?ive had some degree of success in the past,but i still had probs.

anyway if you have any advice it would be appreciated

paul

stardust
15-11-04, 20:53
Hiya Paul :D Im on sertraline tablets every day which are supposed to help me get better. I was also having Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for a while, but im back on the waiting list for it again.

If you need any advice, tips or just someone to talk to, im here for you! Please do email me at: pinkandollbaby@yahoo.co.uk and ill reply to you.

My advice for now is perhaps you should talk to your doctor/GP and they will discuss what medication you could have, Sertraline is a good choice, cos its not dangerous like for example other medications on the market.

I suggest you do my Therapy for the Mind. If you are feeling angry or agitated lidten to Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory album, its a great way to let off negative thoughts and get the mind storng again. Its like a release. Plus it works for anyone, cos my best mate listens to it to unwind and she calls it her therapy album.:D
Please email me though and we can help each other.

Keep in touch from OCD Girl.:D