PDA

View Full Version : i need help plz

kidney kid
23-05-07, 09:19
ive been haveing there bad panic attack no warning just bam im sweating things slow down and i dont like it i feel like im trapped in my own body and i can go anywhere what are so things i can do i take lorazaphan but that doesnt work and i just got some xanexx what are so thing to do stop it and how long do the last and is u get one to stop is it gone for the day or does it come back anytime last plzz i need help

Thanks

Brandon:weep:

AndyS
23-05-07, 09:32
Hey Brandon,
Sorry to hear about your panic attacks. I average about 1 a day and have for the last two years, so I can empathise with your situation and relate to your feelings of feeling "trapped inside your own body". However, there are some really important things to remember: these forums are awesome for supporting people; please read all similar topics and look at the feedback people have given-it teaches you you're not alone in this by a long way and can give some constructive advice.

I also recommend you look at the "panic attacks" page, http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=panicattack. There's some very direct advice and straight facts about panic attacks, which are an invaluable help.

We understand what you're going through and I hope this is some help to you.
Andrew :)

kidney kid
23-05-07, 22:23
andy thx for your support its nice to know someone else feels your pain not that im happy u have them to but its still nice to know u arent alone

neptuno
24-05-07, 10:26
Hello Brandon !
panic usually happens because you've been feeling stressed or anxious - and there is much you can do to reduce the symptoms you have been feeling. You feel bad because you are AFRAID of having another one. You need to understand that a panic attack cannot kill you - its horrible, but it cannot harm you. Now, don't you feel a little calmer knowing that this is true ? If you get more panics say to yourself "I'm safe and secure and calm and relaxed". Even just thinking this will help you feel better. I can assure you that you have already felt the worst its ever going to be, so don't feel frightened anymore. You need to get clued up on breathing techniques and tips for coping - read everything on this website OK ? We're all thinking of you, because we know exactly how you feel.
Be kind to yourself

cece
24-05-07, 20:47
Brandon I used to have them nearly everday but do not anymore and I am no longer on any meds at all. I learned how to prevent them in my cognitive training group. We used and i recommend the book by sam obitz for beginners because it is short and easy and the author struggled with anxiety and told his story of overcoming it with cbt which was very encouraging. With cbt it is truly up to you if you succeed or not and your efforts determine how much success you have and how fast you achieve your goals.