PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization reassurance

Jules18
23-05-07, 09:37
Hi

I have stopped having full blown panic attacks now, which is a positive, I just have a general feeling of anxiety that peaks if I have to do anything outside my routine. But I still have the feelings of depersonalization - if I'm on my own I suddenly wonder if I'm me, or if I'm really here. Does this mean it's subsiding? Also, I still don't sound like me when I speak, I'm not sure if I've become too aware of myself or if it is still dp, does anyone know what I mean?. Is depersonalization the last "symptom" to go? Also my anxiety seems to centre on this "not being me" feeling. Just need a bit of reassurance I think!

Thanks.

Julie xxx

funky chick
23-05-07, 11:34
hello Jules, i do know what you mean when you say you dont feel there i really do you sound very similiar to me i dont get p/a as such just anx if out my zone. will chat anytime if you want p/m ok im more than willing you take care love Gail xxxxx:hugs:

angiebaby
23-05-07, 11:39
I am so sorry, i cannot offer you any ideas on the where and what fors and stuff. But i just wanted you to know that you are not on your own at all and to just tell you that i know exactly what it is like and what you are going through. It is horrible, i get it a lot. Wish i knew how to get rid of it also, people say to just let it pass, but i find this really difficult as it frightens me alot. Sorry i cannot be more help. But i understand.:hugs:

Jules18
23-05-07, 11:54
Thanks so much for replying. I wish someone could wave a magic wand and make it go away!

Love

Julie xxx

honeybee3939
23-05-07, 12:20
Hi Julie

I myself have made lots of good progress as i used to be housebound, i feel as if depersonalization is my last hurdle to conquer as i still get it when im outdoors, i just try and think of other things like what im cooking for tea etc and it soon subsides :) .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx