PDA

View Full Version : IBS?

constantworrier
23-05-07, 11:26
Hi all,

I think i have started with another bout of IBS the last few days. I am worrying as always about the symptoms though. I am getting abdominal cramps and a vague sort of ache in my stomach...a bit like feeling winded....or the feeling you get in your muscles after working out too much (which i haven't). Sometimes it is on the left, sometimes on the right...it tends to move around. I am not going to the loo more or less than normal, have not lost my appetite, do not feel sick and have no fever.Just keep getting these vague pains and general discomfort. I am worrying in case this signals something more serious brewing and nervous about eating in case i make it worse. I am trying to not think about the appendicitis fear which keeps bothering me...and have now settled on maybe Crohn's or other serious inflammatory bowel disease! :shrug: I know deep down that i would probably have more severe symptoms if anything like this was really happening, but i still just can't relax!

Any advice or reassurement?

Thanks guys,

CW

yorkylover
23-05-07, 13:18
Hi,Im sure its nothing to serious.You havent been googling have you !!!!!!:winks:
Try some boiled water,cooled down and sip it.I find this really helps.Very soothing.:)

jill
23-05-07, 14:47
Hi CW,

Sorry to hear how you are feeling hun,

I don't suffer ibs, but what I do get from time to time is the same symptoms as you. I do put mine down to not eating the right foods and stress.

Please don't be scared to eat, this will only trigger more anxiety, which in turn will produce more acids in the tummy and more wind and tense musculs.

Have you seen the page on the fourms on IBS, it has lots of good information.

Its dame hard not to worry when we don't understand whats happening, we always think the worse.

There are 2 ways which you can try, but not both at the same time of course.

1, Light excerise, this helps musculs to stratch and loosen, also realese strapped wind.

2, listen to a relaxation cd, this helps to relax our musculs and the body will aoutomaticall release any built up wind.

I do hope you feel better soon

You take care

LOVE JILLXX