PDA

View Full Version : Is this a anxiety/panic symptom or something else?

Rennie1989
12-11-04, 21:08
hiya

since yesterday evening i had slight pains in my stomach then it progressed to stabbing pains. i couldnt sleep during the night as the pain was really uncomfortable! today i was so tired and i didnt feel well so i had the day off school, iv still got the pains.

is this anxiety or could it be something else (eg ulcor, virus etc, mum thinks!), i dont want to go to the docs but if iv still got it tomorrow then ill have to.

im a bit worried as iv never had these pains before. BY THE WAY it isnt period cramps i must point out, it is just below my ribs.

thank for reading!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

jill
12-11-04, 23:46
Hi Jade.

sorry you are not feeling well Jade,
I have not had this Jade so I'm not sure
if it's a symtom of anxiaty.

Sending you get well wishes and hope
you feel better soon.

Thinking of you always

LOVE JILLXXX

april tones
13-11-04, 00:05
hi jade, probably vrus. or you need loo, or took tabs on empty stomach, could be number of minor things xxxit be ok

apriltones

seh1980
13-11-04, 13:19
hi Jade,

That doesn't sound like a symptom of anxiety to me. You should probably go to the doctor.

How are you feeling today?

Sarah :D

sal
13-11-04, 13:53
Hi Jade

It doesnt sound like a symptom of anxiety but i could be wrong. Mind there are loads of viruses going round at the moment, so you could have caught something.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sue
13-11-04, 18:14
Hi Jade,
Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good, I hope you are a bit better today.

Not experieced the problems you mention with anxiety myself. Its probablt one of the many bugs going around at the moment. You had better see the doc if it doesnt go.

Take Care,

Sue xx

Sue

jill
13-11-04, 19:57
Hi Jade,

Hope you are feeing better.

Thinking of you always

JILLXX

Rennie1989
13-11-04, 20:17
hiya all

gosh now i am worried!

i was ment to go to the docs on friday but i didnt wanna go coz i was so tired etc

if it is still there by monday them off to the docs.

thanx for the support

ow 1 more thing:
1) when i go to the loo its ok infact it feels better but when i walk back to the coach it hurts
2) most of the time eating helps, dunno why

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Hears The Water
14-11-04, 21:41
Jade:
I don't know if this is what you have, but it sounds kind of what my hiatial hernia pain feels like. And panic will make my hernia worse. Can you take a huge deep breath? When you lie down flat and put your hand over where it hurts, pressing down lightly, do you feel your pulse? If you answer yes to these, I would ask the Dr. about hiatial hernia. What a hiatial hernia does is basically push part of your stomach up against or through a small hole in your diaphram. (this is the most basic of laymen's terms) When I am stressed out it tends to "pop up" my hernia. I have found that here in the U.S. most conventional Dr.'s tend to dismiss hernias and so I have only found help from an herbalist. But since you are in G.B and y'all tend to be more enlightened to natural therapies, you may have more sucess. I wish you well, and will be praying for you.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

sadie
14-11-04, 21:50
Jade,

Could you maybe be have irritable bowel syndrome? This causes pain in your stomach and the pain gets better when you go to the loo.

Just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon.

sadie

Rennie1989
15-11-04, 20:23
hiya

hears the water: no no no it isnt that! my dad has it and we have totally different symptoms! thanx for the thought i apreciate it!

sadie: im not sure it is that too! i feel as though my stomach hurts after iv been to the loo but it doest when i eat.

im gonna have a word with my mum as iv still got the pains and i think i should see the docs!

thanx for your thoughts!

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
15-11-04, 20:27
actually i just asked my mum and she said no so im gonna have to live with the pains!

Scooter Girl

mico
16-11-04, 13:06
Hi Jade

It's possible that this is an anxiety symptom, and it's also equally possible that it's not. Either way though I very much doubt that it is serious. I've had similar pains this past few days too, probably just some bug going around. You'll probably be feeling back to normal again after a few days.

mico

tt
17-11-04, 15:43
Hiya,
Just to help you feel better, My bother is a worry wort and had this pain. I have them from time to time as well. It is listed as anxiety as a knife like pain. In my brothers case his was on and off, but under his heart. The doctor sent him for stomach tests and he was fine. If you fine that after home treatment of maloxx or an acid reducer or something to calm your stomach does not help, then I'd see the Doctor but if you stop worrying that something is seriously wrong you'll find that it will go away. Don't worry unless you need to!

Hope your feeling better soon....
TT)

Rennie1989
17-11-04, 20:38
Thanx guys

i could reply yesterday as the forum wouldnt let me on but yesterday when i woke up i had this horrible pain like someone had punched me in the stomach, it was so uncomfortable and i felt sick! it doesnt seem to be going, improving or getting worse!

thanx for your replies

Scooter Girl

jill
17-11-04, 21:21
Hi Jade,

sorry you are still feeling unwell:(
Have you been to see your GP?

Hope you are feeling better soon.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

sarah
17-11-04, 21:33
Hiya Jade

Ive had bad pains in my tummy for a few weeks now, Ive been terrified that something was seriously wrong and didnt eat for a week but being a chicken I never went to the docs.
Anyway ive sorted myself out and realised that ive been tense and the pain was because ive been holding my tummy in through nerves.
It could be anything Jade but if it carries on you should definately see a doctor

love Sarah
xx

Sue
18-11-04, 18:16
Hi Jade,

I am sorry to hear you still have these pains.

Is there a reason why your Mum doesnt want you to see the doctor?

I expect you worrying about it is making it worse so a trip to the Docs might just put your mind at rest?

Hope you are a bit better today.

Sue

Sue

Rennie1989
19-11-04, 21:38
yes im still getting pains, not yet at the docs

it got worse every since i found out my gr8 gr8 aunt died yesterday (well wednesday night but we found thursday morning, but i was told thursday evening) and when my best m8 told me she saw my ex ex best m8 and what she told my best m8.

mum wont take me coz she thinks its getting better, SURE!

i donno what to do now! :(

Scooter Girl