PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests tomorrow

judipat
23-05-07, 22:58
I'm off to have a series of blood tests tomorrow - some ar fasting bloods so I cant eat anything for 14 hours. GP says hes doing a full MOT !!!
I am getting myself all worked up already and know I will be a wreck in the morning.
I'm pretty sure that my symptoms are caused by my anxiety - but theres always that little voice saying "but what if its not". I've been feeling so awful lately and I feel I'm trying to fight it all the time. I'm off work at the moment so I tried to do some gardening today. Whether it was the heat, I dont now, but after an hour, I felt really dreadful, sick, pounding head and no energy at all - its so frustrating - I hate feeling like this.
Sorry to go on.

Judi

nomorepanic
23-05-07, 23:13
Ask yourself why are you worked up?

Cos of the tests or the results?

I used to welcome any test that proved it wasn't anxiety. I was excited that they would find something wrong with me so they could cure it.

Had you eaten well today before doing the garden? Was it hot out there?

The tests will prove that you are ok or have health problems but you have to know one way or another so don't worry unncessarily.

Good luck

cattttt
24-05-07, 02:03
By the time you read this, the blood will have been taken, and you will be waiting for the results, so part of your worry will be over. Even if the results do show up something, the chances are it will be treatable, so you will be alright. But I do know how you feel, the waiting is the worst part. Once you get the results, you will be able to relax a bit more, so in the meantime, be kind to yourself, don't try to do too much and get yourself a few treats.

judipat
25-05-07, 00:22
thanks for the kind words cat. The blood tests are over and I go for the results next Tuesday - still feeling crap on and off, but trying to stay calm.

Thanks again

Judi

Firefly
25-05-07, 12:42
Judi,

At least now you will know; even if they come back clean and you don't believe them. Congrats on being strong! Be sure to keep us up to date...