PDA

View Full Version : Scared of big trip this weekend

Sus
24-05-07, 09:42
Have to go on a hours drive tomorrow then tend a stall all weekend in an area I do not know. Am so worried about the drive, and even worse about standing on the street all weekend. Have done it lots before but my anxiety has started to reappear the last few weeks and now am stressing about it.

Went to talk to Dr about it yesterday and she said best to put me back on Prozac and betas before it got out of control again. When I start to worry I generally get really sore stomach cramps and need the loo. This then makes me worry more, especially if in an area I dont know where facilities are.

Have been trying to force myself out all week but just been going on little walks. Today have to go about a mile and the thought of this too is just making it all start up again. Doing my breathing exercises etc but its just not working. In the next couple of months I have to go to a graduation ceremony, a wedding and a fly twice. They are all far away from home and I dont know how in hell am going to manage those at this point.

cattttt
25-05-07, 00:47
Don't try to think about too many things at once. Take things one step at a time, take it gently and don't force yourself to do things, try to float through it- easier said than done. If you see this before you leave for the weekend, make sure you find out where the facilities are as soon as you get there. I don't suppose you will be running the stall on your own, so take some breaks, and be kind to yourself. Don't even think about those other trips for now, you will probably be feeling better by then. Everything always seems worse while you are waiting for it to happen, so I bet the drive won't be as bad as you think and neither will the weekend running the stall. When you get back, you'll be glad you did it, and the next time won't seem so bad. Take the drive slowly and stop alot to look at things and have a walk. I used to have a big problem getting from my car into work, about a five minute walk-panic attack every time. I was rushing to get it over quickly, which made no difference. Once I slowed down and looked around me at the trees, birds or whatever instead of thinking about how I was feeling, it was alot better and I can now do it with no problem. So try the same thing when you go out for little walks, walk slowly and look at what's around you, it really helps.
Hope this weekend goes OK for you and you feel better soon.