PDA

View Full Version : First time taking

flyingfear
03-08-17, 19:35
Hello,

I've tried posting before but I don't really get any responses :weep:. I'm flying in a few weeks and very nervous. Dr gave me Valium and did a test run, but, appeared not to work for me. It actually made me hyper. She has now prescribed Klonopin.

I've never taken this before and have no idea what to expect. Not even sure of the dose right now as I still have to go pick it up. I plan on doing a test run this weekend to see how it affects me. In all honesty I wish she would have just given me some Xanax.

Any replies would be nice!

Thanks

Ethansmom
03-08-17, 21:28
I need 1 MG of Klonopin to even get any kind of effect. Take it about 45 minutes before your board the airplane.

flyingfear
03-08-17, 22:44
Just got the script and its .5 mg and the Dr told me to break that in half (.25mg). Is the Klonopin a "relative" to Valium? What I mean by that are they both used to treat the same things? Just worried as the Valium didn't seem to work and not sure if the Klonopin is going to be any different.

panic_down_under
03-08-17, 23:14
Just got the script and its .5 mg and the Dr told me to break that in half (.25mg). Is the Klonopin a "relative" to Valium? What I mean by that are they both used to treat the same things? Just worried as the Valium didn't seem to work and not sure if the Klonopin is going to be any different.

Klonopin (clonazepam), Valium (diazepam) and Xanax (alprazolam) all basically do the same thing, the differences are in their potency (Xanax> Klonopin > Valium), how quickly they begin working and the duration of effectiveness. You will need to try Klonopin to determine if it's more effective for you than Valium. As a guide, 0.25mg Klonopin is about the equivalent of 5mg Valium.