PDA

View Full Version : illogical anxiety thoughts - OC

nhelen79
03-08-17, 19:41
hi all,
i'm back again. Please someone talks me down from this anxiety edge :(
i noticed that i had scallop tongue with one area that has a ridge on the side of the tongue because the tongue is rubbed again the side teeth. No sore or bump anything. Just a line due to the teeth marks. I checked with the dentist and she thought it's normal so I don't need night guard. But then she also said check with your GP for sleep apnea which can cause marks on tongue as well.

before checking with the dentist, I had 2 full head-neck exams with 2 ENT for a different muccocelle issue and both exams were normal (a month ago)

a logical person would stop thinking about all of this since 3 professional doctors have checked my mouth and they didnt' spot anything abnormal. Somehow, the thought of that ridge on my tongue bothers me. I'm afraid of OC (I'm in my middle 30ish. Never smoke, never drink and have dental checkups for OC every 6months as part of clean-up).

I know i'm getting crazy with these depressing thoughts here. Maybe it's time for me to see a therapist now.

Fishmanpa
03-08-17, 19:53
I'm an OC survivor. In no way does what you describe indicate OC. None.

Positive thoughts

nhelen79
03-08-17, 20:13
I'm an OC survivor. In no way does what you describe indicate OC. None.

Positive thoughts

thank you Fishmanpa. Your words always help. Whenever I feel down like this, I will come back to the forum and look for everyone's comments. thanks again.

Vikingbeast
04-08-17, 00:28
Same here - Fishman can tell you about my HA over that. We MUST believe the doctors! I'm a reasonably educated and intelligent person, but I'm NOT a doctor! You aren't either. Hang tough - you'll get through this and there's no shame in meds/counseling.