PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on pregabalin?

Montyzoo
03-08-17, 19:44
Hi everyone.

Recently started on Pregabalin (Lyrica) for GAD. Moving up to 450mg per day as of tomorrow. Absolutely no side effects from day 1, but I can't say I've noticed any reduction in my anxiety yet either.

Is anyone else on Pregabalin for GAD? I'd be interested in hearing your stories.

MyNameIsTerry
03-08-17, 19:54
There are some regular posters on the Preg board so I would suggest posting there because those who do it on this board tend to get little response from my experience.

Members like hanshan are regular on there so I'm sure will post.

Montyzoo
03-08-17, 21:21
Ah. Pretty new to this so I will check there

MyNameIsTerry
04-08-17, 02:16
No worries, you may get some responses on here but it's hit & miss for some as it depends which members are on.

Not too many currently on use this med but there are a few of them talking recently on that Preg board and hanshan is on most days and he's been using it long term so will be a good person to talk to.

Tommo1980
05-08-17, 10:05
Has worked for me. I've been on 600mg for about 3 years. I found lower doses ineffective. It's a bitch to get off it - I've tried a few times. The Doc says if it works stay on it, so I do. I do get bouts of recurring GAD so I take an SSRI when needed - 150mg Sertraline at present. I also take 150mg of Quatiapine but that's not for anxiety.

Good luck with it.
Tom

braindead
05-08-17, 11:40
I was on Lyrica - pregabalin not long ago. i found low levels did nothing. went to 450mg still nothing, it is a pain killer really masquerading has an anxiety med . 600mg and i was high has a cruise missile i loved it. next day at 600mg total opposite shaking and down , i have survived serotonin syndrome before and this felt similar to it . I started the detox the next day, if you can stick 600mg and chronic constipation your on a winner.:shades: