PDA

View Full Version : ECG tachycardia

london28
03-08-17, 22:38
hey guys, years ago i did a ecg, and i was so anxious my heart was beating fast whilst i was doing the test and it came back as tachycardia, i gave the result to my local GP but got no call back or any follow up on it after that at the time, im assuming its nothing dangerous? would someone care to give me more clear info? thanks.

emily12
07-08-17, 00:39
Same here. I doubt it's anything serious or we would of been called back in. Anxiety can cause it. I've been so scared since. Although my go said it was signs of tachycardia so.. positive thoughts

london28
07-08-17, 09:30
Same here. I doubt it's anything serious or we would of been called back in. Anxiety can cause it. I've been so scared since. Although my go said it was signs of tachycardia so.. positive thoughts

I think tachycardia is just a clinical name for a racing heart.

emily12
07-08-17, 13:25
Yes. Same, I also suffer from palpitations and flip flop feeling in my chest.

Mike998e
20-12-18, 02:57
Being anxious during an ECG would shoot up you’re heart rate and on paper that would be seen as Tachycardia. Ask you’re doctor to re- do it so you can get a accurate result.

GRVY
13-01-19, 06:52
You were tachacardic because you were nervous. I bet you that no follow was offered because your heart was in normal sinus rhythm. I bet you were a bit over 100 bps. They probably figured you were scared.

iwantpeace
07-07-19, 23:30
tachycardia means fast heart rate. which in your case is because of the anxiety you are experiencing