PDA

View Full Version : Waking up in the middle of the night

Megan99
04-08-17, 04:07
I wake up in the middle of the night two times. My body wakes me up naturally. I wake up once after I've slept for 4 hours and then I sleep for another two hours, wake up and sleep for another two hours. So, I get 8-9 hours of sleep but it is inturrupted by my own body. Is this ok? Is it as bad as not getting any sleep at all? I know it has something to do with anxiety, and the fact that I am an adult now and can no longer sleep like I once used to when I was a kid. But, is it still bad for me? I'm not anxious when I wake up, I just open my eyes for 5-10 minutes and then go right back to sleep.

AntsyVee
04-08-17, 04:39
It's okay as long as you feel rested. Some people naturally need less sleep than others. Some people also do better with multiple periods of sleep lasting 3-5 hours. Most people require less sleep as they get older. The average of 8 hours a day is just an average. It really depends on the person.

MyNameIsTerry
04-08-17, 05:03
Anxiety does interupt sleep but if you are able to go back to sleep quickly, and it's not making you anxious when you wake, it's pretty good. Many wake feeling in panic or just anxious and then it's hard to get back to sleep which is were you end up with insomnia to deal with.

Exercise helps with sleep, as shown in many a study. It will help you sleep deeper more often and help wth hormones.

Sleep changes as you age. Kids tend to sleep deeply but it's not always the same as an adult and once you get over a certain age later in life you nap more and sleep less.