PDA

View Full Version : Allergic reaction??

Hypomean
04-08-17, 07:31
After I ate a fig cookie almost like the fig newtons. I get itchy eyes (feels like sand is in them) and itchy throat. Right now I'm experiencing fast heart beat but I dunno if it's anxiety from the symptoms I'm feeling? Can i go into anaphylactic? This is the third time it happens with these cookies I was hoping the other two times I didn't link it to the cookies but after today I finally see the connection. :(

Annaboodle
04-08-17, 10:34
After I ate a fig cookie almost like the fig newtons. I get itchy eyes (feels like sand is in them) and itchy throat. Right now I'm experiencing fast heart beat but I dunno if it's anxiety from the symptoms I'm feeling? Can i go into anaphylactic? This is the third time it happens with these cookies I was hoping the other two times I didn't link it to the cookies but after today I finally see the connection. :(

Reread what you wrote. "This is the third time it happens with these cookies". If you didn't go into anaphylactic shock the first two times why would you the third? In any case, the symptoms would be sudden and severe and worsen very quickly. You posted this a few hours ago. You'd be in hospital by now if these was anaphylaxis.

Hypomean
04-08-17, 11:05
I guess now I know??? I've never really dealt with food based allergies.