PDA

View Full Version : Multiple beats again HELP !!!! REASURANCE

soggypops
24-05-07, 11:57
Hi everyone, I havent been on site for a while as i have been feeling well up to now. I have been seeing a psychiastrist who treatend to put me in hospital and laughed at me saying " i have the power to do anything" !!!!
Since then whenever i go to see him or my Psycho nurse and Occupational Therapist i pretend everythings ok, as im so scared of what powers this man has ?
The problem is im not ok as i have suffered from anxiety disorder your the past 10 years and have OCD on top. I am on Zispin ( mertazapine) 15mg a day and diazipam when i need it. But the worse thing of all is my palpataions / skipped heart beats . They are becoming more frequent and when it happens i get multiple ones and then it stops to come back a second later. I feel a nervous wreck.
I cant tell the nurse how i feel because im so scared of this psychiatrist. My husband supports me all the time and he thinks this man should not of abused his powers like that.
Can you reasure me that theses multiple palpatations are ok ? I have had a heart scan in the past and although they said i have a healthy heart and i do lots of excersize it did pick up a slight abdormality but nothing to worry about as some people have it.
Hugs to all
Elaine

kilvosa
24-05-07, 21:53
Hi Elaine
Sorry to hear youre not too good at the moment i too get palpatations they come and they go sometimes lasting days i too have been checked over with an ecg etc and all is fine so im trying to learn to live with them, it is scary sometimes.
The psychaiatrist shouldnt have said that to you thats not at all proffessional can you not see a different one?
Hope your feeling better
Take care
Annexx

cattttt
24-05-07, 22:33
If you have had them checked out, the palpitations are nothing to worry about. Lots of people have minor heart abnormalities that never cause them any problems. I have ectopics, palpitations and recently found out I have a heart murmur, suppose I was born with it. I'm now 51, have always done lots of exercise and I'm still here despite these things.Since finding out about the murmur, I'm alot more aware of my heartbeat, but still do the exercise without any problem. I expect your increased palpitations/ectopics are due to anxiety, mine were worse when I was really anxious.
Kilvosa is right, that psychiatrist sholud not say things like that to you, it's unprofessional and you could probably complain about him if you wanted to.
Hugs and hope you are feeling better, Cath

looking4answers
25-05-07, 08:26
I have no idea if this helps you or not...Im 52 now.. and have had what you are describing before I knew what I was feeling.I have had them all my life but now as I grow older I worry..

I have them all day most days and worse on somedays..I have a nurse friend that says its perfectly normal.I personally don't feel they are but well after 52 years of them and still alive and kicking,.(knock on wood) then I suppose you will live... for a very long time.They are uncomfortable and scarry at times but if you learn to ignore them they will go away for the most part.

I tell you a short story..Years ago..I went through a bad marriage.I was so depressed and stayed in it for my children..My mom died..The only person I ever really thought loved me or cared for me.I wanted to kill myself and well was ready to but left my wife..

I felt a burden lifted off of me..Now mind you my children were grown so I felt it ok to do this..But still there was something in me that I totally lost fear..I did things I had never done before.I had a death wish that I tested death and pushed everything to the limit..and yes did some very stupid things..

Right before I left my wife I had a severe bout with these missed beats and even got out and ran like crazy to try to cause myself a heart attack..didnt work..lol.. and well to cut the story by several million paragraphs I went through some terrible things.I cursed god and begged to die and I tried everything to make myself die..

Funny thing now..I look back over that time and realize that I didnt have one missed beat or don't remember it..during the five years that I know that I had a total death wish and didnt care.. I don't recall not one missed beat..and for about three years after I got over the death wish .. I didnt have one either..

You made me remember that.. what it means is I don't know.. to tell you the truth..Just so odd that when you dont care it seems they disappear..but when you are fighting the feeling or living and dying and scared ..you will have them all the time.

I get them now and up until about a year ago ,I didn't have any ..How can you have them since you were a child and then they disappear during a time you wanted them.. ? Makes you wonder,,,, but the whole moral of this story is that .. if you ignore them they will leave..Just throw up your arms and say I don't care and mean it..and perhaps they will leave..

I know even now when I get concerned and feel my pulse skip..I become more concerned which brings on more missed beats that I don't think I would have had if I had just said yeah well there is a skipped beat so what..Who knows but if its any concilation to you ..I hate them to and the more I worry the more they appear so maybe there is a connection.As far as being dangerous..I don't think you have much to worry about 52 years exactly as you say and still experiencing them daily ..Im still here and you will be too..Just hang in there and stick it out.. and try to forget them..

Besides..there is nothing you can do about them much.. Just try not to eat gas producing foods,make sure you burb.. after eating.. drink a diet drink if you can drink regular soda to get rid of the gas..Wait at least three hours after eating before strenous exercise..try to keep the coffee to a minumum and above everything else avoild stress..or panic.. just makes em worse.. try to relax in anyway you can ..God bless and take care..Michael

deamond117
26-05-07, 03:36
funny how ive only had them in the past year since my dad died of a heart attack funny isnt it (by which i mean its only there cos you worry about it read the palpuation bit in the website and cough when you have them sometime it helps)