PDA

View Full Version : withdrawal symptoms?

dondi
04-08-17, 09:39
and so Ive tapered off from 400 to zero at rate of 25 every 3 weeks and no problem till I got to 50. Then anxiety spike and nausea. Is this psychological or possible withdrawal symptoms? Was on the stuff for 16 months but had no positive effects

ReaLy not sure whether to stick out a bit longer or go back on it

dondi
06-08-17, 06:04
I guess nobody knew the answer to my question.

I felt so awful today I'm going back on the stuff up to 75mg. I know what withdrawal symptoms feel like, you have no control over them and dark thoughts start taking ove

hanshan
06-08-17, 09:48
Hi Dondi - It's generally impossible to know whether anxiety and related symptoms that appear when you are on a taper are withdrawal or a return of pre-existing anxiety. The best thing to do is to halt at that level or go back up a bit to where you feel comfortable, which you have done. 50/75 mg down from 400 mg per day is a significant shift, so congratulations for that. When you feel you are stable again, you can think about continuing the taper. Good luck.

dondi
06-08-17, 10:29
Thanks Hanshan thats a great reply.

I think I read you on another thread saying that if you reduce a bit each time it gets much harder lower down because the percentage reduction increases each time.

dondi

Tommo1980
06-08-17, 11:13
Just want to wish you luck. I've been on PG for years, 600mg at present. I have tapered off a few times and the effects you are feeling at 50 will be similar to the stopping effects. In my experience there is no escaping them and you need to give yourself a few months once you do stop to figure out whether the PG was actually doing anything to treat your pre existing anxiety.

Tom

dondi
06-08-17, 13:38
Thanks Tommo

Very good post

dondi
07-08-17, 12:48
felt reaLy awful today

Presumably it takes a bit of time for the body to get used to the med again?

Turnaround00
08-08-17, 18:28
How is it going now? Have you gone back on it or are you still tapering?
Side effects will go in time but just have to sweat it out until your body adjusts. Perhaps your doctor could give you a diazapam to help with the withdrawals

dondi
09-08-17, 11:20
Hi Turnaround

I chickened out and went back onto 100mg I'll stay on that a while now

skymaid
12-08-17, 01:07
I had 25mg capsules at first. Maybe you could go down even slower. There might be a liquid version too

dondi
12-08-17, 03:09
Hi skymaid

I was on 25mg capsules. Was fine till 2 weeks on 50 but pressed on to zero getting steadily worse.

This is a tough drug to come off. a liquid version would help

hanshan
12-08-17, 15:19
According to information on the internet, there is a 20 mg/ml oral solution of Lyrica available. As that is still fairly concentrated, you would need to dissolve a small amount in a larger amount of water, then divide that up to get the desired dose.

It's also possible to open up a capsule and dissolve the contents in water, though not really recommended as capsules often have inert, insoluble materials like talc as fillers that will just float around in the water.

goldsounds
15-09-17, 05:55
Sorry for not starting my own thread but this seemed like the most relevant topic.

I'm coming off PG slowly and since I cut from 100mg to 50mg this week I've been sleeping terribly and waking up at 5am each day. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Dunkelheinburger
15-09-17, 09:10
Hi there

Someone else here said that being on 50 is same as being on nothing.

You could try going back to 75 till you stabilise

in any case, is waking up at 5 so bad? you could just go with it

buang