PDA

View Full Version : a question

lilire
04-08-17, 20:24
Im still suffering from daily twitches since february and I cant wait for them to go away. Is anyone here cured from them?
Does long term diazepam work? (like 2 or 3 months). Cause Im thinking about asking my gp for a diazepam treatment or something like that:blush:

ServerError
04-08-17, 20:40
You don't really want to be on diazepam for that long if it can be avoided.

If it's benign twitching you're talking about, you're better off learning to live with it. In time, with less worry and anxiety, it may well subside on its own.

Annaboodle
04-08-17, 20:51
Im still suffering from daily twitches since february and I cant wait for them to go away. Is anyone here cured from them?
Does long term diazepam work? (like 2 or 3 months). Cause Im thinking about asking my gp for a diazepam treatment or something like that:blush:

Hi, diazepam should not be taken for that length of time. The absolute maximum time recommended is 2 to 4 weeks. It is a drug that builds tolerance extremely quickly. Withdrawal from longer-term use can be an absolute nightmare, even with tapering, in terms of its short and longer term side effects. GPs in the UK are generally extremely reluctant to prescribe it and most usually won't at all.

I recommend the "medication" section of the site here: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=7 There is a section for benzodiazepines and I would read the posts there.

lilire
06-08-17, 01:39
Thanks for your replies!
Lets try to stay positive :)