PDA

View Full Version : Bad trip from weed-what the f*ck happened?

BlueEyesShining
04-08-17, 20:57
First, let me say that it was not my first time, a couple of years ago I used to smoke more frequently and I used to get mild anxiety and paranoia from it, althought not so severe. I stopped smoking. In the meantime I lost a lot of weight and I am underweight now. (I wasn`t overweight before, either, just more at a normal range of weight)

A couple of nights ago I was out with some friends. We decided to smoke weed, and I took 5-6 hits. It hit me IMMEDIATELY. I started to get strange physical sensations, my mouth got super dry and my tongue went numb. My heart started pounding hard and I felt really ill. I thought I would vomit, but I could not. I asked my friends to take a stroll and they came with me. I had no visual or auditory hallucinations, but I was feeling like I am in a dream and like my limbs are so so heavy. As we walked down the street I became super paranoid, I thought that some of my friends (they are more "experienced" than me) have laced the weed with some heavier drug. I started to panic, I experienced a full blown panic attack and I wanted to call 911. Luckily, I did not. I was reminding myself that I am just high on weed and it should pass, and no one has died from too much weed. I started to talk, I told my friends some things that I would NEVER tell in a sober state. I was begging them to tell me what is happening to me. They were having a good trip and just laughed at me. I became even more paranoid then.
The paranoia continued, I had racing, irrational thoughts, I thought that I was ruining the night and that my friends are planning something against me. I nearly cried. My limbs started shaking and I thought I will have a seizure, but I did not. I drank some more water and I went home. I went to sleep and I woke up a couple of times throught the night, still in panic.
The morning after was quite ok, I did not feel anything bad, I ate normally and behaved normally. I went to the toilet quite more often than usual. Maybe it is a sign that my body wants to let go of the substance faster?

I read a lot about this and it turned out that panic attacks on weed are a common side effect, particularly in people who are already suffering from anxiety disorders and are too skinny (like me). So I guess this was a normal reaction. But the thought that the weed was laced still scares me to death. This was enough to tell myself that I would never ever try weed again. I think it is not for me.

Does someone has a similar experience? I would be really glad to hear anything.

AntsyVee
04-08-17, 21:12
Yep. It makes me paranoid. One time, the last time, I hid in a closet...and I'm claustrophobic. (Over 15 yrs ago) It also made my mother paranoid as well, whom I inherited my anxiety from. I hate to tell you this, but you're going to have to give it up. It'll only get worse each time, otherwise.

shav6454
04-08-17, 21:22
First, let me say that it was not my first time, a couple of years ago I used to smoke more frequently and I used to get mild anxiety and paranoia from it, althought not so severe. I stopped smoking. In the meantime I lost a lot of weight and I am underweight now. (I wasn`t overweight before, either, just more at a normal range of weight)

A couple of nights ago I was out with some friends. We decided to smoke weed, and I took 5-6 hits. It hit me IMMEDIATELY. I started to get strange physical sensations, my mouth got super dry and my tongue went numb. My heart started pounding hard and I felt really ill. I thought I would vomit, but I could not. I asked my friends to take a stroll and they came with me. I had no visual or auditory hallucinations, but I was feeling like I am in a dream and like my limbs are so so heavy. As we walked down the street I became super paranoid, I thought that some of my friends (they are more "experienced" than me) have laced the weed with some heavier drug. I started to panic, I experienced a full blown panic attack and I wanted to call 911. Luckily, I did not. I was reminding myself that I am just high on weed and it should pass, and no one has died from too much weed. I started to talk, I told my friends some things that I would NEVER tell in a sober state. I was begging them to tell me what is happening to me. They were having a good trip and just laughed at me. I became even more paranoid then.
The paranoia continued, I had racing, irrational thoughts, I thought that I was ruining the night and that my friends are planning something against me. I nearly cried. My limbs started shaking and I thought I will have a seizure, but I did not. I drank some more water and I went home. I went to sleep and I woke up a couple of times throught the night, still in panic.
The morning after was quite ok, I did not feel anything bad, I ate normally and behaved normally. I went to the toilet quite more often than usual. Maybe it is a sign that my body wants to let go of the substance faster?

I read a lot about this and it turned out that panic attacks on weed are a common side effect, particularly in people who are already suffering from anxiety disorders and are too skinny (like me). So I guess this was a normal reaction. But the thought that the weed was laced still scares me to death. This was enough to tell myself that I would never ever try weed again. I think it is not for me.

Does someone has a similar experience? I would be really glad to hear anything.It's from the weed. If you haven't smoked in awhile too much can give you that problem. Do you have problems with anxiety when you're not smoking? I do. And I try not to smoke alot or I have to know I'm in the right headspace In order to do so. Weed can be a wonderful drug for anxiety, and some strains can turn it into a night mare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BlueEyesShining
04-08-17, 21:30
It's from the weed. If you haven't smoked in awhile too much can give you that problem. Do you have problems with anxiety when you're not smoking? I do. And I try not to smoke alot or I have to know I'm in the right headspace In order to do so. Weed can be a wonderful drug for anxiety, and some strains can turn it into a night mare.

I suffer from anxiety AND an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa), that being said, I am not in a good place now, mentally, and I also don`t eat a lot and I am underweight, so maybe that`s why my tolerance is so low.

shav6454
04-08-17, 21:32
I think so. I normally take one or two hits just to be safe