PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in head?

BumbleGirl
05-08-17, 13:22
Hello

So last Monday I was on the bus and went over a big bump and suddenly got a really painful sharp pain in the right side of my head. It lasted a few seconds but was so painful!
I had the same pain a few times the next day but always only lasted a few seconds.
Then I didn't have it again until Thursday when I had it 3 times through out the day and yesterday once or twice and once today.
It always makes me stop in my tracks and really does hurt and it's always in the same place and it's sort of going through the top of my ear if that makes sense.
I'm going to go to the drs on Monday. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I'm really freaking out thinking it could he something serious like a blood clot or brain aneurysm waiting to occur 🙁

BumbleGirl
05-08-17, 19:32
bump xx

AntsyVee
05-08-17, 19:41
It's an ice pick headache. They suck, but everyone gets them once in awhile. They are usually caused by stress. They are totally benign.

BumbleGirl
05-08-17, 19:56
Thank you for replying. The dr has said I have ice pick headaches before but this is the most painful they have ever felt if this is them? I will still go drs on monday just because I know other wise I won't be able to relax and I am a lot more anxious about my health when pregnant xx

AntsyVee
05-08-17, 23:10
They are probably worse now because you are pregnant. Hormones will do that.