PDA

View Full Version : Runners trot

DaveCH
05-08-17, 18:10
Did a really intense 10km race today and pushed myself really hard. Got stomach pains about an hour later and went to the toilet. I noticed a finger tip of of red blood on my stool. I freaked out and examined all my bowel movement and couldnt see any other blood. Could this be because of the intense run.it ties in with it timewise

AntsyVee
05-08-17, 19:43
I doubt it. Sounds more like you burst a little hemorrhoid when you wiped.

Carrie8484
05-08-17, 20:12
Runners belly is very common with this type of training. I'm not sure about blood but it could just be a 'roid as antsy said or wiping too harshly?
Today I did my first 5k and I'm dreading getting to the stage of getting runners belly with my HA!
Keep an eye on it but I very much doubt it's anything to worry about.

DaveCH
07-08-17, 16:26
I have had 4 normal toilet visits since and no blood and i inspected very closely lol

MyNameIsTerry
07-08-17, 16:47
A couple of possibilities other than an existing roid being aggrbated (and roids in those who workout are very common, it's how mine started from straining in weight lifting...think about why they can be so common in pregnancy :winks:):

1) A fissure?

2) Someone once explained on here how their consultant told them that loose stools can aggravate things like piles and cause tem to bleed because the reduced transit time causes them to be more acidic.

It could have been worse, think of poor paula Radcliffe :blush:

DaveCH
07-08-17, 17:03
A couple of possibilities other than an existing roid being aggrbated (and roids in those who workout are very common, it's how mine started from straining in weight lifting...think about why they can be so common in pregnancy :winks:):

1) A fissure?

2) Someone once explained on here how their consultant told them that loose stools can aggravate things like piles and cause tem to bleed because the reduced transit time causes them to be more acidic.

It could have been worse, think of poor paula Radcliffe :blush:

Thanks since the last 4 have been fine is it safe to say ihave nothing to worry about

MyNameIsTerry
07-08-17, 18:01
Thanks since the last 4 have been fine is it safe to say ihave nothing to worry about

No, nothing consistent about it and even then it could still be things like fissures & roids. Blood in little bits is normal and bright red blood too (unless it's a lot or consistent, etc in which case see a GP to be sure).

If it keeps happening after strenoius exercise then that's something to look at from an adjustment/prevention point of view.

Fishmanpa
07-08-17, 23:51
Did a really intense 10km race today and pushed myself really hard.

Congrats on the 10k!! That's a great accomplishment! The rest? You pushed yourself. Heck, a 10k walk would be challenging to me and I'd sure as hell feel it afterwards :)

Positive thoughts

DaveCH
08-08-17, 06:44
But would it cause a little blood in stool. Have had 5 toilet visits now with no blood